Garmin n

Was thinking on getting this model of satnav, due to its small size and long battery life (for the majority of trips it would mean no need to connect to cigar plug for recharging).

Considering its size I was wondering if anybody had it placed inside the top dashboard compartment and if the lid did not interfere with satellite locks , etc.

The other problem I can foresee is whether or not the Nuvi's GPS aerial will be horizontal (or whether the console lid will force it to be lower) - horizontal is optimal for best reception, although it will obviously still work (just less effectively)

I've got a Tom Tom Go and that wedges in that compartment quite nicely, bit of a bonus as the windscreen sucker is useless.

Don't know if that helps?

It does, as currently I'm torn between a TomTomb Go and a Garmin Nuvi... Nuvi seems to have better battery life.

I've a Snooper Siryus, which fits perfectly. A stipe of velcro on the back of the conpartment and a stripe on the back of the unit.

I don't leave any tell tale suction marks on the windscreen.

Syrius is a great unit with spot on camera database.