Roomster 1.2 65hp

macRS

Any drive the 1.2ltr 65hp and then the 1.4ltr 65hp. the 1.2 seems so much better more torgue through 3rd and 4th unlike the 1.4

I drove the 1.4 and wasn't too impressed with that engine. I think the 12v 1.2 has always been better than the 1.4 16v motor tuned between 75-85BHP and the very latest 1.2 has a power boost to 70BHP too.

I have had a 1.9tdi for the last 6 days and found it great plenty of pull and 500 miles for £40 dont think you could want much better but i do think it would be a struggle with anything less then a 1.6 once fully loaded.

for driving in a city small engines are fine cos your only going from traffic light to traffic light really or siting there.My mate got a roomster with the panoramic roof well worth while it makes the interior seem more spacious and mello

I too have a Roomster on loan (for 48 hours) whilst my Octy is being fettled.

Got the 1.9TDI Roomster 2. I must say nice little car. Plenty of umph but with a characterless note to the engine. I think the 1.4TDI 3-cyl would be better, you are not losing much in bhp and still have plenty of torque plus you get that wonderful 3 cylinder burble; reminds me of a Laverda Jota. I would expect the 1.2 & 1.4 petrol Roomsters to struggle a bit, more for lack of torque than bhp but the 1.6 would be OK for those that don't want diesel.

Checked out the rear seat room (I'm 6'3") and bags of space even with the driver's seat set for me. Ride and handling are pretty good although a bit understeery (only got the 15" wheels & I ought to check the tyre pressures). Sorry, being a bit critical as I like a sporty setup.

Cabin is good and the aircraft style windows a bit nifty. Comparing it with my wife's FIAT Doblo, driving position is not as high and cabin is not as spacious, but the panoramic roof would go a way to give a brighter cabin.

Height of the boot floor and loading lip is about 6" higher than Doblo, which would make it more difficult for my dog to jump into but I like the oddment trays at the side of the boot over the wheel arches.

Overall a very 'nifty motor' with a unique style compared to other small hatch/mpv; I like it.

I too have a Roomster on loan (for 48 hours) whilst my Octy is being fettled.

Ride and handling are pretty good although a bit understeery (only got the 15" wheels & I ought to check the tyre pressures). Sorry, being a bit critical as I like a sporty setup.

I checked the tyre pressures on the Roomster I have and found them up at 3.2bar/48psi!

Should be 2.2bar/32psi. No wonder I was getting understeer as the overinflation would reduce grip. Also the ride was a fair bit jittery. Now sorted and handling better.

Big black mark to my dealer!!