ICE install - planning

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really neat, Tom. I didn't think to put the fuse under that cover. Hmm, kinda wish I had now! Maybe next time!:)

Stu

Still have the fuse holder and cabling infact! I did link you to that photo album on like page 1 of this thread!! :P

I scored quite well on my first IASCA competition... but kind of lost interest in ICE and got into home hifi instead! :)

Still have the fuse holder and cabling infact! I did link you to that photo album on like page 1 of this thread!! :P

I scored quite well on my first IASCA competition... but kind of lost interest in ICE and got into home hifi instead! :)

Oh yeah! I did look at your album a few weeks ago, but I was concentrating on the boot build. I must have completely missed the image of the fuse!

What kind of home hifi are you in to? My next project when I have some spare cash lying about (like that happens!:rolleyes:) is to build myself a HTPC to handle all my TV / music / future Blu-Ray needs. But then I'll need a new TV too in order to do it properly!

Now, where are those money tree seeds...!

Stu

What kind of home hifi are you in to?

Just stereo bits really, got a fairly modest Cambridge Audio/B&W system at the moment, but is more than enough for my box-room needs ;)

Just stereo bits really, got a fairly modest Cambridge Audio/B&W system at the moment, but is more than enough for my box-room needs ;)

Friends got a arcam and B&W setup. Good job its a detached :rofl:

OK, for anyone patient enough to still be following this thread, behold a few pics of the finished outcome. Apologies for the poor photos. There was a little bit of rain starting to fall so I was a bit hurried and the light wasn't good enough for the simple camera on my PDA. I'll try to take them again when I have time and replace these with better ones.

False floor with Amp access hatch open (this lets me fiddle with the amp adjustment):

IMAGE_059.jpg

False floor with Amp access hatch closed:

IMAGE_061.jpg

False floor hinged up to allow access to spare wheel:

IMAGE_062.jpg

Et voila - the finished outcome:

IMAGE_063.jpg

It's been a fun project to do. I'm pleased with how it looks, and (probably more importantly) very pleased with the sound. It's so nice to have a sub again, and a Rockford Fosgate at that!!

Thanks all for your input and advice.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
.... Off Topic. Do you know of any sort of quick release connector I can use on a 4AWG power cable?

I'm a little slow but we use these beasties at work (clicky) - silver plated contacts that will take up to 2 awg cable (they do smaller ones for thinner cable).