Having a bit of trouble with my Felicia, 2000 X reg, 1.3 Classic. The exhaust has snapped it seems just beheind the catylitic converter, but this is where the puzzled faces began. At the local garage, looking at Felicia exhaust diagrams for my model, it would appear that at the **** end of the cat, there is a small 2 - 3 inch section of pipe, with a triangular flange attatched, which bolts on to a matching flange attatched to the middle pipe. All of the various books show this, however on my car it is different. I remember this from when I bought the car as I checked it over well, and also iv been underneath a few times.

Instead of having the flanges, mines looks like there was a small section of pipe coming out of the cat, which sleeved over the middle pipe (middle pipe was slightly narrower to fit in), and then had a clamp put round the exhaust to hold it in place.

Looking at pics, this is what the 1.6's exhaust is like, so why is mines different? Has it got the wrong exhaust or is there shenanigans afoot?

Sorry for the long winded story :o

Cheers!

Ross

Possibly, that would make the most sense. Now I've got to decide wether to try and buy a second hand cat and middle pipe (to make sure they are correct) and fit them myself, or bite the bullet and drop it in to a garage.

Earlier Felicias had a separate cat to the mid pipe, on the later ones the cat and mid pipe were one.

A cheap way to avoid buying the later type with the cat is to buy an earlier mid pipe, cut the flange off and weld it to the cat (providing that it is sound enough to weld to.

Looks like someone has been there before you and have sleeved it rather than welding it.

Hi there my 1999 1.3 mpi felicia has the cat with the straight bit of pipe and i got it from city tyres and exhausts in kilmarnock sorry but i dont have the number :thumbdwn: but give them a ring and im sure they could help u out:thumbup:

i had a new centre box fitted last week i went to the local exhaust /tyre centre

they cut the pipe off behind the cat ,fitted the new centre with a special sleave

job done 48 quid . you will need about 6 inches behind the cat to get a good join.

i will look under the car and let you know how much behind the cat is left.

Forgot to say, the problem is the bit of extra pipe that was sleeved over the middle pipe has snapped from the back of the cat, so there may be issues with welding on another pipe to this. If I found a not too old Felicia, would there be any issues fitting the system from the cat back from there onto my own car? Obviously getting new parts would be more sensible in the long run, but the only problem there would be my funds can't afford too much of a beating:thumbdwn: