Southern Convoy to the National Meet

Stuart_J

I'm aiming for 7:59...

You just want to get to the beginning on the queue to get a skid lid. ;)

I guess you could meet up with Dave and meet me, Stuart et al at the services on the M40 (I think the one just after Bicester)....and then onto the M1 and Watford Gap stop.

Actually thining about it you'd probably be best just coming down A41 and meeting at the M40 services....Dave I closer to M40....I think.

Anyone wanna meet on the T-junction about 1/3 mile from Brunter's entrance? :rolleyes:

I'll be approaching the rural route from the North East, so may run into you guys approaching from Lutterworth direction. I promise to not run in to anyone literally... :D

Well according to the RAC Route planner it'll take 3hrs 40mins to cover 126miles from my home in Basingstoke.

So to get there for 8am we would have to meet up a Chievely for 5-5:30am with non stop driving.

Could easily knock off 30 minutes or so for early leaving though.

Have to consider 3 stops:

Chievely

M40 service

Waterford Gap

30 minutes - 10 minutes for reach stop

Does this seems reasonable?

Anyone want to work out the other meet up times?

• 4 weeks later...
Well according to the RAC Route planner it'll take 3hrs 40mins to cover 126miles from my home in Basingstoke.

So to get there for 8am we would have to meet up a Chievely for 5-5:30am with non stop driving.

Could easily knock off 30 minutes or so for early leaving though.

Have to consider 3 stops:

Chievely

M40 service

Waterford Gap

30 minutes - 10 minutes for reach stop

Does this seems reasonable?

Anyone want to work out the other meet up times?

Adrian, I'd be happy to convoy along. Maybe just a meet up at M40 to save some time.

I don't know what "cruising" speed people tend to go at. I know Jon stuck to a religous 70mph on the speedo and that was in his RS, so hate to think what it would be in his SDI ;)

Even if it's just two or three, it would be nice to have the convoy especially after geting up so early...

Any more takers?

Adrian' date=' I'd be happy to convoy along. Maybe just a meet up at M40 to save some time.

I don't know what "cruising" speed people tend to go at. I know Jon stuck to a religous 70mph on the speedo and that was in his RS, so hate to think what it would be in his SDI ;)

Even if it's just two or three, it would be nice to have the convoy especially after geting up so early...

Any more takers?[/quote']

Xavier,

you got PM.