Southern Convoy to the National Meet

Stuart_J

Ok

Anyone up for a Convoy from the South, Captain Chaos has suggested some of us meeting at Fleet Services on the M3 so does anyone coming from further afield fancy meeting there, They have Optimax for anyone who needs it!

I would suggest not too many meet points on the way otherwise it will all take too long

Stuart

Ok lets agree a best route first, if the A34 is quicker Im up for that. I will check with SWMBO tonight as in all fairness she drives the length & breadth of the UK, I simply drive a desk in the office over the garage.

Here comes my local knowledge of the area.

If you can the best way to get there is straight up the M1. Come off at junction 20 (Lutterworth, where my Dad use to work and I know very well) and Bruntingthorpe is about 3 or 4 miles east along a minor single lane carriageway - not sure of the road name but if you look at a map brunters is about an inch in a north easterly direction from Lutterworth.

:thumbup:

Ok

SWMBO agrees with you guys so A34 is the prefered route.

I will post elsewhere but what time does it start, if its really early there I may elect to go the day before & stay local, if not lets suggest a meeting point on the A34 to start.

How about Chievley, The A34/M4 junction, I know its major roadworks there at the moment but its a good location.

I would then suggest no more than 2 more stops, preferably one (M1 ?), if others want to join elsewhere we can do it via mobiles. Too many stops & hanging around will mean we get there in time for lunch

So what do others think

I would suggest not too many meeting points as each stop takes 15-20 mins, theres always someone who needs a pee/drink/pie/paper etc ! We will be leaving early enough as it is

If people want to join on they can wait at other points and arange with someone in the group to call them on the mobile as it approaches, that way they can tag on, its a bit hit & miss but it should work.

I will know in a couple of weeks whether or not I am going up the night before but its looking unlikely so the group run it will probably be.

Evenin all,

As I live more South-East (East Hampshire) than South-West, I will probably go A3>M25>M1 as it'll take me about an hour and a quarter to get to Chievely / A34, by which time I could be nearly at the M25/M1 interchange. :ashamed:

So, keep me involved in the planning, and I'll try and meet up with you wherever the A34 intersects the M1. :thumbup:

All the best, Chaos

I should be up for this, if someone can sort out meeting times and post them up - A34 is a quicker route and there's always the Shell garage at Sutton Scotney (Winchester end of A34) if the south coast people want to meet up to convoy up the A34 to the M40 meeting point? :)

Hopefully you'll be taking it relatively easy on the way up as some of us in oil burners haven't had a chance to start modding yet ;)

Chris

Hopefully you'll be taking it relatively easy on the way up as some of us in oil burners haven't had a chance to start modding yet ;)

Chris

But have been getting experience of what it's like though. :D Enjoy it? The exhuast seems to have been getting louder and louder since then. ;)

Re: convoy - you guys planning on an ultimate exit at J20 M1? That really is the closest major junction to Brunters.

But have been getting experience of what it's like though. :D Enjoy it? The exhuast seems to have been getting louder and louder since then. ;)

Yeah gave it noticeably more torque and power all the way to the redline :thumbup: which is something mine deserves and a nice throaty sound, but not quite as intrusive as the Scooby one ;) You'll have to take me out again if you get the springs and dampers before I do :D

Chris

I'll be going via Evesham and Warwick as it's pretty much the shortest route from Somerset.

Why not meet at Watford Gap services for those going fromk, South Coast and the M1 boys/girls?