Accidental mix of 507 top up

Is there any ramifications of using 507 Castrol Edge 5w 30 to top the engine oil up? Its being drained and replaced for service very, very soon for first service.

(per my followup reply to my original post many days ago).

Ok now I see there is a sticky and no excuse not to know now ! Silly old me.

It was an honest mistake, but I did expect that by consulting a car parts establishment (noting with my service / user manual in tow) that I could have had expected some professional assistance from such a well established brand.

It was even checked on computer/micro parts listing, noting it wasn't some spotty oik I was talking to - it was the main service parts appointed staff member.

Oh well. Lay it on me, what problems do I face ? Does anyone know ? The car seems to be ok at the moment. Should I drive *very carefully* to have it serviced ?

It's supposed to be TDI specified oil but for variable servicing.

Heres a question: how come if the vRS is NOT variable, why is it counting my service interval BEFORE 10k miles ? (some 5k before it, actually)

507 spec though used on variable servicing is still used on Octavias with variable servicing and PD engines, therefore it should be fine for your PD Fabia.

With reference to the service countdown, it is also based on time. How old is your car? It is possible that the display was not reset at the pre delivery inspection and has taken into account the time that it was in stock before been registered.

Being that the same engine in different platforms is either variable or fixed servicing it shouldn't be an issue using the variable servicing oil.

In fact why do they specify different oil for the same engine, and the 'variable' is of a thinner grade but can potentially be changed after more abuse i.e longer period between changes?

A 'thinner' grade doesnt mean its an inferior quality though, in fact usually the reverse.

You will be fine, to be honest most dealers only use the variable oil for both fixed and variable service regimes and adjust the price accordingly. What they loose in a bit less profit on one litre of oil is far outweighed by the need for another bulk tank and supply and monitoring system for the oil.