Sudden loss of power on VRS

Hmm, I've been getting a sort of hesitation around 2k revs but I've ignored it as it seems quite a common problem, but today, whilst booting it 3rd, got quite a pronounced drop in power between 3k & 4k revs which then seemed to clear itself. It also did it a couple of times quite soon afterwards. Almost felt like the traction control coming on and off slowly (which it wasn't!)

Any ideas ?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

yeah - I diagnosed a cyl 3 misfire on an ibiza cupra 20vt a couple of weeks ago. Coilpack was not broken but it was definitely on the way out. All running fine now and I cleared the faults tonight. :cool: Feels good to diagnose things for people. :)

Got exactly the same problem on mine by the sounds of it. Had all 4 coil packs changed on it Tuesday and it did nothing at all so the next plan of action is Skoda are having it for 2 days to fully diagnose and hopefully solve the problem. I've got it booked in for next Wednesday so if you solve the problem before then let me know what the solution was. If not and you're still having trouble then I'll let you know what Skoda say.

I actually had a unique issue on account of high levels of dust near my home. My Cold Air Intake had completely choked in 20000 kms and was collapsing on itself at higher RPM inhibiting the airflow. Don't know if it would apply to others but that was my core issue. I now clean the CAI every 5000 kms.