felicia 1.3l....what can i do to it?

ok

first hi to evri1...i'm new to here so hope ya cn help me.

i have a 1.3l felicia 96' the Laurin & Klement one.

i was wondering if somebody could help me by advising me how i can modify the car....when i say modify i dnt mean make it look nice either.....i mean performance wise.

i am a complete novice at modding and so could u explain things simply.

i'm also young so nothing too drastic please as the insurance company is already *** raping me.....

hope to hear from sum1 soon.

thanks

gaz

hehe i happen to like my leather interior lol

part from when its hot and the electric windows play up.

any useful sites where i'd be able to get cam or exhausts?

you could try these guys for cams

some german website thingy

there are a few others that will supply cams for the skoda engines but i cant think of them off the top of my head at the moment.

the user ugluk (and a few others:D) on here is the guy to talk to. knows the skoda engines inside out. may be able to point you in th right direction

hehe i happen to like my leather interior lol

part from when its hot and the electric windows play up.

What do you mean by your electric windows playing up?

I have an L&K and my windows used to be a bit tempremental so i lifted out the switch unit and removed the connectors to the switches... cleaned the switch and contacts up and now they work fine!!

And agree with the "when its hot" bit... they dont half collect the heat from the sun! lol

I thought the L+K only came with the 1.6 engine around 98 ish? Tuning for the 1.3 and 1.6 is quite different. I thought the 96 special edition was the bohemia? tuning is very different for the two engines.

Nope! they did the l&K in all engine variants as far as i know... 1.3spi, 1.3mpi and the 1.6... only one they didnt do is a diesel...

But mine is a 96 model with the 1.3spi engine in,

Well thats something learnt for today , I can go back to bed now :D.

Ive only seen them advertised with the 1.6 engine If I had known they had a 1.3 as well Id have had one years ago :D.

Best low cost modifying for the 1.3 engine is to get a cat replacement pipe made up which you bolt up between MoT's or keep it in place if your engines running clean enough to pass without the cat (mine generally do, but have had some people saying theres dont).

After the car replacement pipe getting an exhaust made up with no centre box and a free flowing rear box is the next step, no need to go large and avoid boy racerery back boxs like the plague most of them are all about looks and noise, Personally I like a small janspeed box.

I would recommend keeping the original air ducting in place to begin with and replaceing the air filter element with a K+N version.

Would also recommend a good service with good plugs (and leads if its a SPI)

Other areas of tuning though can increase your speed without increasing your power, green stuff brake pads are good, some nice grippy tyres, and a thorough service of the rear brakes and some braided brake hoses will all help. If you can afford it HP coil over suspension will transform the handling.

• 4 weeks later...

cheers for all your help guys if anybody else comes up with other ideas then i would be greatful.

i have currently taken my old filter out and stuck a cone filter on the end of the air box. think i am goin to move the air intake tho cos it only sits behind the headlight.