Wardy's Fabia vRS

Wardy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Andre :)

MX sold after I couldn't quite justify it on practicality grounds, nor afford to run it alongside something else, although I did try :D - a wise early summer sale too, at a decent return, especially looking at the weather currently :rolleyes:

Polishing - ah yes, now there's an idea :thumbup: - I'm just waiting for a dry day! And yes, some cut price Meg's items will be rolled out for the event, yet again :thumbup:

Cheers,

Steve

Mr Ward!

I haven't been around for a while, but I see you have a Fabia again!!! Never cease to be amazed with your constant car shenanigans! You should have kept the stuff I sold you last time round - saved you looking for it again!

All well with you I take it?

D

Hi Dave! :D

I know, I should just keep a stock of applicable modifications, just in case :P - ah well, it's the fun tracking stuff down again, and trying other offerings. The Konis, for example. Wouldn't have minded your FMIC for this though!!

How is everything with you? Do you still the Fabia?

Steve

Ha ha ha... you're right though, half the fun is tracking down the kit and seeing the car take shape. I'm sure you'll find another FMIC floating around - tend to see them every couple of months. You going to go down the hybrid turbo route or draw the line before then??? :D

I sold my fabia a while ago and was car-less for a month or so whilst my new toy was being built... and here it is! Had it about a month and already have nearly 3k miles on it for various reasons. Trying hard not to drive it very much for a while so i can bring down my annual average to 10-12k pa, not 36k!

15711.attach

• 2 months later...

Few updates to the original spec list and some more news :)

Serviced on 17th Aug at Awesome, plus cambelt, tensioners and waterpump renewal. Running really well at the moment :thumbup:

Last Sat saw some Alpine SXE-1750S front door speakers and tweeters go in, along with some Dynamat type sound deadening applied to all doors. Audio quality has increased considerably, even still with the standard headunit and road noise has also reduced. All door carriers have also been sealed off with some silicon sealant, hopefully to stop the typical leaking :rolleyes: Top marks all round :thumbup: And at

Of course, I thought this was what these threads were for, in Members Cars? :confused: :P

Mongrel? Hmm, not really I don't think. Stage 1 will be complete soon, and that'll keep me happy, for a while anyway :D

Just to keep some continuity, some pics with Eibachs and FSDs fitted, running the standard 16s, in direct comparison with a vRS running standard suspension :) Mines the one with the sunroof ;):rofl:

Pics with the new wheels fitted to follow shortly...

Cheers,

Steve

16832.attach

16833.attach

16834.attach

16836.attach

Popped into Jabba on Friday :)

Clutch and remap now sorted. Some turbo issues to resolve, and it's a more smokey than I want it, but performance has certainly improved! :D:thumbup:

Steve

Hi Kenny - long time no see :) How you doing?

Yes, another thing I should have kept; if only I'd known :P - have some Octy 17" Spiders on there now, so kinda makes up for it! No photos of them fitted yet though....

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update - 312s now fitted. Just bedding them in :)

I'll get round to some up-to-date photos at some point; showing about 3 months of tweaks, upgrades and changes :D

Photos should prove worthwhile I reckon too - this weekend I also applied some more Collinite 476, and to finish, a coat of my new stuff - Victoria Concourse. So looking fairly good, presently :cool:;)

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Update time - new stereo's in and it is rather good :D

Alpine IDA-X001 with the matching Alpine Bluetooth module. Runs along rather nicely with the Alpine speakers that went in last month...

Steve

She was treated to a run on Awesome's rollers on Saturday too :D

Average of the three runs was 176bhp and 296 lb/ft which I was reasonably pleased with. BHP was in line with expectations, although I was looking for a little more torque output, with the Sachs organic clutch.

Steve

17416.attach

• 1 month later...