Skoda Green Calliper Paint

Howdy fellow Briskodians. :)

When i FINALLY get my car back from the bodyshop i am planning on repainting my callipers whilst i am swopping my wheels over.

Have found some Skoda green calliper paint on the Milotec website, bout 30 Euros. Is there anywhere a bit nearer where i can buy some from!? Or it is even worth buying new callipers all together? I cant stand the bits of rust any longer! Am upgrading the disks and pads soon so want it to look perfect.

Also anyone who has ordered from Milotec website, how long did the stuff take to come etc?

Cheers guys! :thumbup:

Hammerite Smooth green is the stuff alright, you won't notice the difference.

Except....

If you get the brakes hot and then they do this;

11-06-07_2013.jpg

Mind you they need to be real hot :D

I've not managed to get my brakes quite that hot. There is/was a guide on here or on Stu's site on how to paint them, but just in case, this is roughly how I did mine:

* Take out pads / clips

* Cover up the rubber bits

* Avoid paint getting into areas where the pads go ideally

* using some fairly strong string or similar, hang up the metal parts of something

* Use hammerite cleaner to brush down the metal you're gonna be painting. This is really worth doing imho as it gets rid of oily residue. I repeated this a few times.

* I brushed mine in hammerite green, I know others have used the spray can. If you spray it you'll want to use several, thin layers, and make sure it is pretty dry before doing the next layer.

I let the whole thing rest for a week in my loft where it was dry & warm (summer time) and the paint smell wasn't going through the house that way :D

It is definitely worth letting the paint harden before fitting them, to avoid chipping it off. Dunno if heating them up 'in use' whilst the paint is soft has the same effect.

Mine have been on for a pretty long time (50k) as per my previous post, and it still seems to be very much green :D

Cheers guys, went to oldy Halfords today and got some, it looks good! Got a nice quality paintbrush from the Arts store aswell. Guna have a go painting them next week when i get my car back! Cant wait.