Skoda Not just a name

Hi, i'm seriously looking at P/E my MINI Cooper for a VRS but the whole skoda brand is holding me back... you know the sort of jokes which were flying around when i was back at school. but after my test drive yesterday i dont care... its a great care... pulls like a train, feels quicker than the mini and MPG!!! hello :-) lol i suppose i'm looking for some support... SKODA VRS... Is it me? and is it for my age group (i'm 23) ??? :)

I know how you feel :o

When I finally took the plunge and bought one it was a nerve racking experience as there was still a niggling doubt and was nervous of putting pen to paper, but that as they say is history and am about to take delivery of my third Skoda vRS :thumbup:

Go for it, you won't be dissapointed :)

Hi, i'm seriously looking at P/E my MINI Cooper for a VRS but the whole skoda brand is holding me back... you know the sort of jokes which were flying around when i was back at school. but after my test drive yesterday i dont care... its a great care... pulls like a train, feels quicker than the mini and MPG!!! hello :-) lol i suppose i'm looking for some support... SKODA VRS... Is it me? and is it for my age group (i'm 23) ??? :)

seriously?? I'm a driving instructor, and most of my 17 yo students who learned in the vRS were all of the like "isn't this the car that beat the mini cooper round the racetrack on top gear AND fifth gear ?!"......... and any brand used by the police to chase the BMW's down the motorway has to have respect ;) besides when you pull away from the mini coopers up the motorway slip roads, you'll have a smile on your face :)

exactly what i was worried about, until i drove it the forcourt , am 25 and i am already buttering up th swmbo for another

OK cool!!! thank you for your comments! i'm gonna spend some time doing the figures.... i wonder if anyone can help??

how much does it cost to fill up? also how many miles do you get on average to a tank?? thank you in advance

Guest parsko

I can honestly say that nobody has ever taken the mick out of me driving a Skoda.

Good Luck.

PAArsko (with a centre parting, wearing green flares and a purple and lime tank top).

i'm only 19....and the vrs is ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got it at the start of the year, and i still have a browse for new cars that might take my fancy...but i don't want any, cause every time i look for new cars they just remind me that i've got a goodun already!! :)

stu.

about 42 litres to fill up when the display says 0 miles! so thats

94.9p x 42litres = 39.85

if I drive without thinking about driving economically and sometimes making alot of progress, not motorway miles in and out of time you can easily get 400 miles from the tank maybe more.

I think some have claimed 500+

tax is

Hello,

Well i am also 23 and i have no issue with the image. Anyone in the know is aware that it is a VAG car. There is nothing wrong with the Skoda badge - it is building a good name.

As far as fuel comsumption, i put in about

25 year old here!

The only downside of the Vrs are the bloody white seats! Oh and the stutter if you get a 06+ one :thumbdwn:

The best part of the Skoda badge is watching all of those badge snobs dissapear in your rear view mirror.