Mother Board...HELP!!

bobz

Howdy....

Basicly my M/B is foobard, and it's a small miricle that my PC works at all!

I've picked up a new M/B today but I was just wondering if I HAVE TOO reformat my hard drive, or can I get away with just swapping them and loading the new software?

Bobz

If your new motherboard uses exactly the same chipset(nvidia nf4 650/680 intel 965/975 etc) as your old one then you may get away with a straight swop,otherwise it is re-format time.

The other issue you may encounter if using xp or vista is that if the new mobo is from a different manufacturer you will probably have to reactivate.

Good luck:)

99 times out of a hundred you have to re-install, but you shouldn't need to re-format.

So very true,however if you go for a reformat you will purge the system and once you gone through the drag of re-installing all your apps you should hopefully have a shiny new fast pc again.