3-flash indicator feature on new fabia vrs

Xavier

Right, from the other thread, looks like all new fabia vrses have the 3 flash indicator feature.

My fabby doesn't have it.

Any idea how it could be enabled? I would think a little tweak with vagcom could sort it out, but not having one, I can't go looking :(

Suggestions please :)

Because it is there and can be useful.

Sorry to dissapoint you Xavier, but I think that the newer Fabias have a different ECU controller to ours.

Sorry to dissapoint you Xavier, but I think that the newer Fabias have a different ECU controller to ours.

Does the different ECU controller mean no longer works with vagcom ?

If it's more hassle than it's worth, nevermind.

I can always ask my dealer :)

I enquired into this some time ago (there are lots of postings on this forum about this and similar mods). Older Fabias cannot have 1 touch/3 flash indicators enabled. My wife's Fabia was built November 2003 and Skoda confirmed that it can't be done. It's a pity because it is a very useful mod. It was 'fitted' to a Polo we had and it's one of those things that you really miss when you haven't got it.

Isn't the coding in the dash panel? The ECU by definition controls the engine!

It is the CAN bus controller to be precise (section 19 on vag com), I was given the way on how to do it on UK-MK4's forum, but it does not work my fabia. It would be nice to check the controller codes with a newer fabia to see if they are different, although I will also speak to my dealer when I take my car in on thursday.

Xavier, Vag com will still work on it, it is just that skoda/vw have upgraded the software.

I'm being really stupid !! but what is it???

When you are overtaking something on a motorway etc. you usually hold the indicator lever to the right flash position so it flashes a few times. You don't actually click the lever into position as if you are turning left or right.

The one touch/three flash causes the indicators to flash three times when you just touch the lever to the right or left flash position; you don't have to hold the lever in position while it flashes a few times.

Hope this makes sense!

• 4 months later...

Hello,

you can enable this feature in the Octavia only with a module.

It allows 3 flashes with a single touch.

It is even better than the original range of function, because you can undo the action moving the lever to the other side. So the 'trucker salutation' (right-left-right) is still possible.

If the module should be out of order, the indicator has the full original function, because the module is connected parallel, not serial.

In the Octavia-Forum.de you can see the installation guide which I wrote. Or the picture on my nickpage.

The module is developed by Reini, another user in the octavia-forum.de.

The module should work in the Fabia too...

Regards...Kromi