not a bloody vw!! gurrr

found this add in my local paper, and it realy pi$$es me of when they say vw design

SKODA FELICIA

1.3 LXI

1998 REG, VW DESIGN.

5SP, 5DR, LADY OWNER,

S/HISTORY, EXCELLENT

CONDITION,

GENUINE BARGAIN

and a considerable amount of the switch gear is VW, too...

would you rather the ad says "will rust before you get it home due to not being under VW ownership"?

:)

quite the oposite, the pre-vw cars had much better paint work. once vw took over the paint quolty went down hill.

VW obviously done Skoda a lot of good in general, but I have noticed that the Favorit is far more rust resistant than the Felicia.

Dunno about all the above pinkskud as i have seen some pretty ropey looking early felicias round my way.

The only real notable areas of rust i have encountered is the tailgate and rear wheelarches. (if anyone has a nautic blue tailgate i am still looking!) I think that the paint itself has a lot to answer for as mine seems to be pretty crap quality compared to other colours on felicias i have come across although when polished up does look good.

compair a 12 year old skud, with a 12 year old franch car, and you'll see what i mean.

Very rare to see a rusty Peugeot 405 :P

(though it was UK built)