Help needed quickly

Hi

I need to get back onto the garage ASAP as my car is there at the moment.

I have just had the garage on telling me they have had a look at the power steering and everything seems fine and there is plenty of fluid in there and they can't see any problems.

I told him the power steering warning light came on and he asked me if I was quite sure about this as cars don't normaly have power steering warning lights on is this right?

He said it is normally engine warning light or coolant.

The light I saw was a little steering wheel flash up is this something else and I had just pressumed it was the steering or do Fabia's in fact have a warning light for steering?

Anyway I told him there is deff a prob with it to go and look again and maybe he should try the steering sensor.

I may need to ring him back if infact this light I saw was something else.

Cheers guys

By the way the leak was my rad fan swith they have finally found it which means they didn't sort it last time it was in aghhh

Yep defo a PAS light mine on permanently at the mo.

might be your sensor is on the way out, easy to check for the old plastic type a common problem.

move your wheels for a left turn on to lock, you will need to get on your knees.

look through the off side wheel arch you should be able to see the sensor in the rack.

check Stu's guide on this so you know what your looking for on his web site.

anyway if the sensor has a plastic casing its the old one.

I happen to have a spare metal one (new version)

lots of problems with my PAS (pump gone

Yep defo a PAS light mine on permanently at the mo.

might be your sensor is on the way out, easy to check for the old plastic type a common problem.

move your wheels for a left turn on to lock, you will need to get on your knees.

look through the off side wheel arch you should be able to see the sensor in the rack.

check Stu's guide on this so you know what your looking for on his web site.

anyway if the sensor has a plastic casing its the old one.

I happen to have a spare metal one (new version)

lots of problems with my PAS (pump gone

Your telling me!

I have never had this much trouble with a car before.

I thought I know go for a Skoda as the JD POwer surveys etc.

and their part of VAG, good press.

having had an Audi before no problem engine/steering wise.

just the suspension but that wares out anyway.

makes me think I have a friday afternoon car its only done 42K

after this PAS problems fixed might have to re think about getting shot.

or is it better the devil you know

I would like a diesel though with the impending hike in oil prices looming.

Your telling me!

I have never had this much trouble with a car before.

I thought I know go for a Skoda as the JD POwer surveys etc.

and their part of VAG, good press.

having had an Audi before no problem engine/steering wise.

just the suspension but that wares out anyway.

makes me think I have a friday afternoon car its only done 42K

after this PAS problems fixed might have to re think about getting shot.

or is it better the devil you know

I would like a diesel though with the impending hike in oil prices looming.

Yours has done the same distance as mine. I think mine was behind yours on that production line on a Fri afternoon.

I think if my steering went like yours it would just be staying broke for a while.

My old 106 was problem after problem but kept with it thinking better devil you know in the end had to get rid thinking nothing could possibly be worse but the Fabia is even worse.

They obviously didn't believe me when I told them it was the sensor.

They still don't know whats wrong with it and are trying to book it in with the local skoda dealer for tomorrow.

and you know what he is going to tell them

The car has been in at the dealers today and they haven't been able to find any problems with the power steering.

No faults have shown up, the pump and fluid has been checked and there is no water or leaks and there is no water behind the sensor.

They said as no faults have shown up they can't do anything.

What should I do next?

I pressume it's a matter of just waiting for it to get worse and worse so the problem is more constant and will show up by which time my warranty would have run out as it runs out in 3 weeks.

Just a thought could it be the battery not pumping enough power through? I think I have seen something mentioned on here before.

I should have asked them if it was a plastic sensor or metal one really does anyone know how much the metal ones cost as if it's not that much it might not be worth arguing it with them.

• 1 month later...

Dont know if you are still checking this thread but I get the power steering light come on and power steering go when my battery is low - If you turn off the engine and then restart the light goes off and the power steering comes back. I dont know what its all about but thank goodness it has always corrected itself in seconds.