why did you buy the Fabia vrs  

1 member has voted

1. 1. why did you buy the Fabia vrs

• because it was a diesel and cheap to run
    • just liked the car, engine didn't matter
    • would you buy a new PETROL Fabia
    • would you buy a new DIESEL Fabia
    • should the new VRS have both engines

IMHO Skoda have got to pull something out of the bag here. It's a very competitive market at the moment with several fast cars in the sector.

If you give it some thought, they can't use the 170 TDi as its already used in the larger cars such as Golf GT and Octy vRS.

Ditto the 2.0l TFSi.

My money is on the PD140 and the 1.4TSi

Definitely because it 'ticked all the boxes' for me.

The right price, well enough specced, I liked the shape (of the vRS....I find the plain Fabia dull), good performance, decent economy, cheap VED, respectable insurance and it's a bit different. After a string of BMW's I needed a break from the norm.

Sadly it wont keep ticking the boxes forever though as it's too small. Octy vRS PD 170 next..... :D

EDIT: And to comment on your post a little more, Skoda do have to come up with something a little special but I doubt they will. It'll be a 2.0 PD140 or a 1.4 TSi with a similar number of horses. It also used to be the price of them too that was appealing but they aren't quite as cheap any more. Personally I think they've had their moment and are now fully assimilated into the VAG collective.

Diesel engine for the mileage, not that cheap to run though as it eats tyres, and has that 10k service interval that kills. I put mine on 17" wheels to get my tyre cost down significantly. One set of tyres and I've paid for the alloys price already, and they seem to wear better too for some reason :)

I put mine on 17" wheels to get my tyre cost down significantly. One set of tyres and I've paid for the alloys price already, and they seem to wear better too for some reason :)

Interesting.....

EDIT : Just looked on Blackcircles....the 16" 205/45/16 Toyo T1-R is

I bought it because it offered everything I wanted for a decent price. I have driven/owned probably an equal amount of petrol and diesel cars and to be honest it didn't bother me. It was the spec and price when matched to other similar cars that made the decision.

My local dealer has told me it will be the PD140 that goes into the new vrs.

Because it does all I need. Good performance, good economy, not too long for my drive, 5 doors, made by VAG, cheaper to buy than the others (Polo, Golf, Ibiza, A3). I like the looks too.

I find it cheapish to run- tyres can be pricey, but that's governed by driving to some degree.

it costs me less, overall due to me doing 20k a year

less tax, less insurance, less on fuel, will cost me less on consumables too

and it's quick, and has got air con :)

initially i looked at the old s3 and audi 1.8t sport quattro, then looked at the VRS and there was no choice. I am 23 and insurane, performance, looks (With a few mods) and economy are amazing and no other car comes close to it. My bro had one before i bought mine and loved it from then.

Excellent little motor!

JC praised it up in a newspaper article and once I drove one I was hooked, the missus took a little persuasion but once she'd driven it there was no going back. We actually ended up with a Fab vRS and a Mk1 Oct vRS so best of both worlds. Unfortunately they're both gone now and replaced with two crappy cars but that's the price you pay for miving to the other side of the world.

The good news is that Skoda relaunch in Oz in October so may be tempted by the Octy vRS TDi, depending on the price. The only problem is you can't go above 110kmh which is making me so mad:mad:

The only good thing is I get terrific fuel economy on top of a very cheap fuel price, currently 55p/litre 95RON.

There seems to be an option missing from the poll:

"Because it looks just as good when on it's roof" :thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anyway, I bought it because I need diesel economy, reasonable running costs, and I love 'fast' cars..........

for me though, the original cost is important, I can't really afford more than a

I went to buy a corsa sri but the dealers had changed from vauxhall to skoda

So i went in anyway and asked what the skoda version was of the sri

He pointed out the skoda vrs

and two days later ide bought one

I was actually in the market for a 2nd hand Golf TDi - but then my (Honda) car dealer mate (with the Skoda dealer next door) suggested the Fabia with the same engine...new car for the same price as a three year old car? tricky....let me think about it....