Power on Fabia stereo

It should turn off when you remove the key from the ignition. It can however be switched back on by pushing the on/off button.

Hummm... mine stays on :confused:

Is there any setting to keep it on ?

If it's a symphony cd-tuner, I think it's selectable in the menu options.

J.

How do I find out if it's a symphony cd-tuner ?? (written on cd unit) and do you what the setting is called ??

If it's a Fabia OEM unit then it will be a Symphony in the vRS.

Did you have the car from new??

I got the car about a month ago and it started to happen 2 too 3 weeks ago :confused: and I also think the interior light comes on when I take the keys out :rofl:

I do have a year warranty left on the car.

Ye it the Symphony head unit

I got the car about a month ago

You didn't directly answer my question about it being new or used :rolleyes:

I will assume that as you only have 1 year warranty then it was used.

Where I am heading is that if somone had it before you and had an aftermarket unit in then they may have swapped the wires over.

You didn't directly answer my question about it being new or used :rolleyes:

I will assume that as you only have 1 year warranty then it was used.

Where I am heading is that if somone had it before you and had an aftermarket unit in then they may have swapped the wires over.

Oohhh sorry :( my bad

History of car :

Used to be a demo car, then a guy bought the car, then i got the car (55 plate), the thing is that it used to switch off but now doesn't :mad:

OK just checked the manual I ahve for a Symphony head unit - is the "ign on/off" setting on? If not it needs to be. Press and hold the "TP" button to get into the settings mode, press the fast forward rocker (double right arrow) to cycle through the options until you get to "IGN" setting, then press the up or down rocker to set it to "IGN ON" then press "TP" again to get out of the settings menu.

OK just checked the manual I ahve for a Symphony head unit - is the "ign on/off" setting on? If not it needs to be. Press and hold the "TP" button to get into the settings mode, press the fast forward rocker (double right arrow) to cycle through the options until you get to "IGN" setting, then press the up or down rocker to set it to "IGN ON" then press "TP" again to get out of the settings menu.

Sorry but I have had a look at the car radio and it does not have a IGN setting on the radio :(

I have phoned my local skoda dealer and they said that the radio should switch off when the keys get took out the ignition, i think it's time to get the car booked into the garage. :rofl:

Thanks everyone for the help :thumbup::thumbup: