Octavia - Central locking problem

Help - I have an Octavia Ambiente 03 model. The key fob does not lock the drivers door but locks everything else. Also the drivers door mirror setiing cannot be changed - but the passenger door mirror can.

Is this a solenoid problem or more complicated? How expensive might it be to get fixed at the dealer?

All good advice greatfully accepted.

Boff

Agree with other reader. Common denominator must be the door wiring loom (since there is no electrical relationship 'tween mirror and door lock circuits).

Could be water in the door control unit plug. The windows, mirrors and door locks are all related through the convenience unit with a combined window motor and door control unit for each door. When you operate a switch everything receives the signal, only the component which recognises that signal responds.

My car has suffered the same problem.

The 2 circuits are related as the lowest wire into the door control unit is the +12 feed used to power the door lock and the door mirror. when water gets into the unit it collects at the lowest point and rots the wire, have a look in the door, the box below the window motor is the control unit, remove it and have a look inside, I think you will find water and brown gunk from the rusted contacts.

If you are keen it can be fixed by rigging an alternative route through the body of the control unit to feed 12v into the contacts inside, 2 hours time and 1 connector block. If not then a dealer for a new control unit and wiring loom, cant say how much but if you search the site you will find plenty of threads about the problem.

I seem to remember quotes of several hundred pounds for the job

Best of luck

• 3 weeks later...