Protecting paint work??

Hi Guys. i have currently got a passat, and i'm thinking of UPgrading;) to a superb. However in the 5 years i have owned my passat the paint work has sufferd alot. im eager to protect my next car with anything thats on the market, which brings me to my question i'm interested to hear if anyone has any ideas/experiences with anything that out there.

Thanks Tom

I am sure you will be happy switching to the Superd but if you want to have a protection to your paintwork then I would have a look on A world for detailers... and read some threads.

I can't recommend highly enough a good clay bar to any car followed by a good polish and the paint will be better than when it came out of the factory!!

As Baker says, Detailing World is the place to look. Once you have washed and polished, a good wax will give the protection you are after. Collinite 476S is known for it's longevity. Many people on DW use it as their winter wax, as it will last for months, not weeks.

Elite Car Care (one of the trade partners on DW) has an Ebay shop, and I bought the Collinite as a kit, which comes with two applicator pads, and microfibre cloths, which is really good value.

I had mine diamondbrite finished yea expesnie but seems well worth it,however it does say it must be conserved once a month with their conserver product. This involves after washing putting 2 capfulls in bucket water and risning with it.

I concur with Baker...once you initially purchase your car, spend some time using a clay bar followed by a good quality polish...each to their own, my personal favourites are Meguiars NXT wax or Meguiars Gold Class polish. Not the most expensive but very effective should you put the effort in beforehand.

The clay extracts all impuritys from the paint, such as tar and road contaminants. Hard work but initially rewarding as many of us have discovered.

Paul:)

My Superb has covered 62k miles and the paintwork is still perfect. Not a stone chip on the front either (touch wood). As the others have said, a good claying and good polish can protect your car well enough and isn't too dear. I use Meguiars gold class polish and it is a fantastic product. Once you have polished it, keep the wax coat going by using cold class wax.