Do It

Ken VRS

Ive only gone and done it! I picked up my black Octy vRS last saturday from the dealers and am well chuffed. I have been trying to gently run it in a bit and have been (trying) not to take it above 4K revs until on the way home from work tonight.

As I had expected my boss tootled out of the office car park after me in his 325 half pint type car (the smaller one). I am sure he had been waiting for me. I went round the roundabout nice and slow and then floored it up the dual carriageway and left him floundering as he slipped away in the rear view. (I ignored my own 4K rule for this oh so important moment). I eased off and let him catch up, pulled over and let him come up alongside as I was running in third and had some revs left I thought I would have some more fun. I let him nose infront of me then gave him the "Skoda Experience" for a second time!

He didnt ring me like he would have done before when I drove my Pug 406!! surprise surprise!

ABSOLUTELY 'KIN BRILLIANT This is why I wanted a vRS.

Oh thank you VW Audi for your spare parts.

So I now have a piece of black magic and it has that funny affect of making me smile whenever I drive it. The missus even likes it, so it must be good.

BUT tell me, should I be more careful as I "run it in"? I have done 600 miles so far at mostly steady motorway speeds. Is that enough? Does 600 miles on the clock give licence to give others the "skoda Experience"?

yep(ish) and subject to the caveat that if it goes bang don't come crying to me :D Don't do it too often.

Multiply current mileage by 10 then get it remapped and pick on his big brother :D

I think I'll be a bit more patient then. Ive proved my point and maybe I wont get as many "when do you need to get a new elastic band" comments in the office now!

So if I give it another 500 at a gentle pace with the odd burst of controlled madness, then run it as it is meant to be until about remap time of 6000 mile then I should have a well run in engine?

Ive never run in a petrol before as diesels I just used to give them hell from the start.

Another bad point, work have now put the Briskoda web site as "unauthorised access denied". It's a good job I resigned today then!!

I think I'll be a bit more patient then. Ive proved my point and maybe I wont get as many "when do you need to get a new elastic band" comments in the office now!

So if I give it another 500 at a gentle pace with the odd burst of controlled madness' date=' then run it as it is meant to be until about remap time of 6000 mile then I should have a well run in engine?

Ive never run in a petrol before as diesels I just used to give them hell from the start.

Another bad point, work have now put the Briskoda web site as "unauthorised access denied". It's a good job I resigned today then!![/quote']

Just build up progressively - even up to the remap mileage. No point trying to kill it before it's had a chance to wake up and smell the petrol!

That'll be their (your employers') loss then :D

• Administrators
Another bad point, work have now put the Briskoda web site as "unauthorised access denied". It's a good job I resigned today then!!

Always happy to provide work arounds to keep these rule mongers :finger: on there toes...

The longer it takes me to get to somthing the more time is wasted; so just let me go there; do my stuff and leave...oh and I'll be happier. But like you say you have seen the light and moved on...