Allow 10 mins to read this. Get tissues. lol

Johnnyc

I hope its gets better Johnny, just believe it will, because if you believe in yourself and give your all to your CV and next job, it may help turn your life around.

I think you have your head screwed on at least, leaving off the alcohol etc, despite everything thats going wrong.

I see people everyday doing 2 or 3 peoples work at my job. Most go home in tears these days, I don't know why they carry on. Maybe in the belief that one day, the boss will realise whats going on. Sounds like the place you worked at too.

I do really feel for you, (I thought we had major probs!)

We are going through a nightmare at the moment, my life has changed drastically in the last few months too and hopefully, in a couple of weeks it will be over and I will post on here about my experience to serve as a warning to the "youngsters" on here on how NOT to live your life:O

All I can say is to just take life a day at a time, thats all I am doing now, I cannot even contemplate the future right now:(

Keep your spirits up - life can suck at times, and has done, but if you keep believing in yourself (with support of friends/family if wanted/needed), you will make it through stronger in the end :)

Get cracking on the job front, and you'll feel better again. All the very best on the job hunt :thumbup:

sorry to hear this m8..

personally i think your mental health is worth more than a reference.

if you have a breakdown it will be of no use to you anyway.

take a couple weeks on the sick. try and get you head sorted m8.then go back finish your notice if a job don't go up before..

people don't realise how bad a breakdown can be till it happens to them..

think of your boys m8. :thumbup:

i agree with the above, take a couple of weeks on the sick get some rest, send out your cv to all and sundry and just relax. your health and you kids are number 1 priority here, nothing else matters, a job can be replaced. perhaps try something new work wise that way your insular boss can't screw it for you.

seems to me the best course is to take your sacking as an opportunity to improve your lot,just turn your back on them and walk away

Mark

I hope that this is your last bit of bad luck / stress.

My own advice would be take a BIG step away from work for a short while, concentrate on your kids and yourself.

Once you feel de stressed, go after a job in a completely different area, preferably a job with no responsibility for a while, whilst deciding what you would really like to do that will give you time with your kids.

Once settled in your new work, then look at building a new relationship.

Put this down as a life lesson, and learn from it for the future.

Hi mate

if you turn into a gibbering wreck you wont be able to go for the next job ......take the sick time, give yourself time to think and send out the CV to the places you would like to work.....I am not sure why they have sacked you and then kept you working on the firm for, all the companies over here would escourt you from the premises for fear of sabotage, so they must want you to carry on slaving your guts out for their benifit and probably because they don't want to do it....

Take some time off as soon as possible....even if it's holiday entitlement and get away from the place

Hey Johnny,

I was just thinking about you the other day, one of your Parrot Install threads popped up. I'm really sorry things have turned out the way they have for you. It must be really hard and tbh I dunno what to say. By the sounds of it you needed out of that job, and maybe this is just the kick up the **** you need to get on with it now, its so easy just to continue on it a comfort zone in a job, sometimes when you HAVE to go and get something you'll do it, a new job has probably been on your long finger for a long time.

Keep the chin up mate :thumbup:

Take the sick line.. use it to recharge .. take time for you and your boys, you'll see it makes sense in the long run, in thr situation you find yourself n at the moment, you'll find it hard to go to an interview and convey the correct signals/body language etc as your tired, feel used /battered no doubt by your present/last employer.. life is about more than a job.. MUCH MORE .Hell, I know of people with Doctorates and degrees in all sorts that stack shelves in Tesco's and are happy to be out of the Rat Race..

just my Tuppence worth, but what ever you decide... good luck ;)

Hey Johnny,

I was just thinking about you the other day, one of your Parrot Install threads popped up. I'm really sorry things have turned out the way they have for you. It must be really hard and tbh I dunno what to say. By the sounds of it you needed out of that job, and maybe this is just the kick up the **** you need to get on with it now, its so easy just to continue on it a comfort zone in a job, sometimes when you HAVE to go and get something you'll do it, a new job has probably been on your long finger for a long time.

Keep the chin up mate :thumbup:

Jesus u have me down to a tee. This is spooky. You are exactly right in what you say and believe me my thread was written 'post' the self criticism stage. It would have been a lot more bitchy than it was if i hadnt taken the time to think about my own part in my downfall beforehand.

Cheers for the support folks. It's helping me put things into perspective.

Jesus u have me down to a tee. This is spooky. You are exactly right in what you say and believe me my thread was written 'post' the self criticism stage. It would have been a lot more bitchy than it was if i hadnt taken the time to think about my own part in my downfall beforehand.

Cheers for the support folks. It's helping me put things into perspective.

Hey Johnny, I didn't mean it in a bad way or trying to have a go ;). I was in a place where I absolutely hated, I couldn't stand half the people there, but I never got off my *** to leave, then the place ended up closing so it was great, redundancy and a new job, the point being it's very easy to get stuck in a rut.

Best of luck with the job hunting mate & look after those 2 young lads :thumbup:

Hope things are well for you Johnny.

My stress posts are around here somewhere, as aree some others which may lift spirits.

Take the drugs (prescription obv - I recomment the purple ones ;)), and if offered it sign off due to 'work related stress'. Let the doc make the call on when THEY think you're ready to go back.

You'll see why from my posts. Chin up, and it's NOT YOU, it's them ;)

Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice. I think it's a blessing in disguise and today wasnt too bad cos boss was out of the country but when he's there he constantly drops hints. He's trying to get me to just to pack it in. Having said that my work colleagues although not fully abreast of the facts have recognised something is up with me and are rallying round. Bless them.

There seems to be a common feeling amongst the staff about the guy did this to me. He's a d**khead.

Johnnyc,

Didn't catch the first post before editing, but can imagine.

Keep a diary of events, witnesses, comments etc. Based on your last post, looks like boss is lining himself up for constructive dismissal.

Although I dont always agree with such action, sometimes a last shot from the hip will help resolving any demons IF it gets so bad you have to leave.

• 1 month later...

Well folks thanks again for your support. I thought i'd update this thread with the current situation.

I picked myself up and threw myself into searching for a job. I'll be honest I didn't have much faith in myself and there were a few dark days but once I contacted a few agencies, got my CV out there, it all went mad.

In all I went to 8 interviews and loved every one of them. It was so good talking business with people who thought like me and appreciated the benefits i could be to their organisations. Overwhelmed is an understatement.

Anyway I received 6 offers 2 of which I dismissed and i've now chosen an offer to accept from the other 4. It's not the best package of the 4 financially by a long shot but it's better than the package i'm on and i feel it offers the best compromise between position, prospects, benefits and future project exposure.

Lots to get sorted now including getting a car. I've decided to give up the Skoda company car (even though I could have retained it and paid for it myself) and opt out of a company car in the new place. The 2nd hand market offers a better deal with much needed cash to spare IMO. I'll miss the Octy but with a

• 2 months later...