Today - I've mostly been....

anonymouse

....peeling my ears back with the genius of Joe Satriani.

Talk about get under your skin. I'd some of his stuff and only listened to it occasionally.

Anyway, got some more recently and have made myself a compilation CD - mega.

This guy can really talk through his guitar :thumbup:

Good job I've only put the tracks through Winamp on the PC as yet - if I put them on the Isobariks I reckon I'll blow a few neighbours 50 ft further away.

Satriani is indeed an amazing guitarist. Saw him live many years ago, in fact, come to think about it, his was the first concert I went to. When you see him playing live, and making it all look so easy, then you really appreciate how good he is.

Satriani is indeed an amazing guitarist. Saw him live many years ago, in fact, come to think about it, his was the first concert I went to. When you see him playing live, and making it all look so easy, then you really appreciate how good he is.

Jammy b*gger

Nonetheless, despite not seeing him, I can appreciate the work going into his music. Awesome. :thumbup:

I have to admit I've culled the compilation from 4 albums as not all the tracks 'hit the spot' (which artists can always get it right for you personally ?), but the one's I'm listening to will soon be driving my wife crazy (though I did see foot-tapping for several).

• 5 months later...

Ok, I know this is a thread revival, but there is a point. I'd thought you might like to know that Joe Satriani is touring this year and will be in Manchester so if you fancy going to see him Val, you've got no excuse. :thumbup:

Ok, I know this is a thread revival, but there is a point. I'd thought you might like to know that Joe Satriani is touring this year and will be in Manchester so if you fancy going to see him Val, you've got no excuse. :thumbup:

Old stick in the mud might just look out for that :o

Thanks for the heads-up, Mr A :thumbup:

" Surfing with the Alien " is an awesome album with "Ice 9" being a reall good one to crank out.

"Supercollossal" is newer and, imho, equally brilliant and a tad more accessible to those not keen on widdly widdly guitar work.