Oil light

How happy my skoda makes me, never seems to be short of warning lights and stuff. Latest is warning light for oil on dash board. had oil changed few weeks ago and just yesterday took in for a a top up as light randomly comes and goes. It mostly happens when cornering or goin up hill hence reason for thinking it may need top up, however as you can gather it has not stopped the light coming on and off. Any ieas what this may be please help.

What colour is the oil light? Orange = needs a bit of a top up, while Red = quick give me oil.

However if oil levels are ok, then maybe a sensor failure....

They said it may be sensor failure at garage when i phoned however still couple of days before i cn get it in as they booked up, hope this will be warranty work as I have a feeling it may be expensive to get sorted. Was told it won't cause any harm but God it is so annoying when it maked 3 hgh pitched beeps s waning starts. never stops on for long (the light) but comes on and off randomly and often scares the ****e out of me

try the dip stick to see how much oil you have - if ok . must be a problem somewhere else - could be nothing more than a lose wire or oil preasure switch - if oil is low look for leaks - change mine every 10k and never had a prob

Fabia been in garage today to be told it is sensor they phoning me tommorrow to see if is warranty work and how much it gonna cost. they gave me kia picnto as courtesy car and was I impressed asked boaut a Rio but have a feeling it may be out of my price range will wait and see. Was told I can have a rio as courtesy car if mine going in or sensor repair.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know if it is safe to drive the car whilst the oil pressure light is on?

I definitely have enough oil in the car - I checked the dipstick and added a touch but the light has come on suddenly and is scaring me to death.

Can I drive it for a few days until it gets inspected by the garage?

Cheers