Yes i am a sad Bstard but....

I went to the hire shop today to hire an industrial strength carpet cleaner for my flat as the hall and stair carpet is minging.

However i thought i would get as much use out of it as possible and made sure there was a car attachment with it before setting out on the carpets and seats as it is equally minging. I couldn't believe how good it was and it has brought the seats in particular up a treat. The carpets were a mess and are still not perfect but it was well worth doing. It basically fires in a detergent before sucking it back out with any dirt and what it brings out is unbelievable.

To finish it off after nearly dry i brushed the carpets with a wire brush and it looks much better. I would advise giving it a go. It cost

Thats not sad - I once had a Blue Felicia which was in a major mess - a gardener chap had it before me - there was mud, grit, bits of trees and god knows what else in it. I only ended up with it after having a crash and writing my previous car off. It was between that and a car which somone had smoked in. In the end I ripped the interior out of it - and put a whole new one in. It made a hell of a difference, though I probably spent about a days worth of time trying to clean the old one up - and another day putting the new one (several weeks later).

In the end I traded the car in for what I picked it up for pretty much. So I can't complain. If you have the chance to clean your interior up - go for it. You might as well.