Knocking noise when turning left

Belcher

My Octy VRS 2003 seems to have developed a knock/Clunk coming from the front offside whenever I make a left hand turn. Seems more noticeable when accelerating and turning such as turning onto another road. Any ideas ? I get worried when things start making a noise as though they could fall off :slant:

Cheers

Thanks for the replies.

The suspension feels fine normally. I am guessing that if a spring were broke, I would get a knock over bumps? It sounds fine over bumps, potholes, speed humps, etc.

Re: Droplinks. What part is this then? Is it a fairly straight forward DIY job, or is it a mechanic/dealer job?

Cheers

Could be the outer CV joint, its the wheel that under load while turning that makes the noise just like you have.

I had this problem on my old citreon, got worse, faster and louder as time passed, then the gaiter split and dumped the grease all over the brake disc nearly killing me in the process. Braked hard on the motorway and the car lurched onto the hard shoulder all of its own accord.