Doran Motors Ltd - Magheracloone

DGW

• 1 year later...

Bought my facelift Octavia of Dorans in December, delivered in January on the date promised, sales manager was sound. Test drives, explanations, call backs, all up to scratch.

• 2 months later...

Update on Doran's

I left my Octavia in for it's 15,000 km service Yesterday and have to say that service was spot on. Everything from the initial booking to supply of courtesy car (previously arranged) was A1. Itemised bill, etc.

Verdict: will be returning.

• 1 year later...

Just an update to say, the service department at Dorans is top class. Sales department is also excellent, no hassle about test drives and always return calls etc unlike some other dealers I have contacted.

Edited by Photoemt

• 2 months later...

Advance apologies for longish post...

I had a pleasant experience at Doran Motors today, even though I was handing a few bob over the counter. I have been servicing the combi myself since the warranty ran out a few months back due to austerity measures, I'm trying to prop up a few financial institutions out of my weekly wage packet, to try and give the 2 Brians a break. (Sic)

I didn't want to tackle the cam belt as I can't get the car into the shed and out of the rain, I would have had to get the tools for the job for them to sit in the toolbox idle for another 3 + years and I didn't really have the inclination at the moment!

I wasn't 100% happy with my usual dealer and fancied a change A lad at work recommended Doran’s so I checked this topic but noted the only posts were from the same member.......I rang for a quote and decided to go for it.

What I liked..

When I originally rang for the quote, the receptionist gave me the price straight away, no hanging on the line, being put through to another department or the "We will ring you back / Can you ring back in an hour"

Service manager very pleasant didn't seem to mind me asking all my questions. Site well laid out and easy to find, decent waiting room, and actual price paid €10 less than price quoted. Car was washed at the end, filthy by the time I'd done the 180 km jaunt back home to bed the parts in. Obviously, I won’t be taking a spin every time I need an oil change, but I would certainly seriously consider using this dealer again for jobs such as clutch or console bush renewal. I would not hesitate in recommending them to those more in the vicinity. An added bonus for me was a spin out to a lovely part of the country I really ought to visit more often.

Car underwent cam belt and water pump change job was completed for €350 - took just under 3 hours from arrival.

I am not associated in any way with this dealer but believe praise should be given for what I perceive to be excellent customer service. There are 3 VW Group dealers (one very big) more local to me that have lost my business because they do not understand / appreciate this ethic.

I hope this post will be of use to some of you and that you managed to get through it without falling asleep!

• Like 1

• 10 years later...

Bought my vRS intake for my Monte Carlo from here. Even the people at the parts desk are helpful. The bits I needed were cheapest to get from them and they were brand new bits to boot. I would go to them again for parts. While I've not had my car serviced there nor did get either of my fabias there I have heard nothing but good things about them. The fact that they're only 5 minutes out the road from me is great too.