Chrysler Grand Voyager Exclusive

ShadwellVrs

Had the misfortune of having this beast for a weekend whilst on business in Birmingham.

Plus points for this car are the obvious amonts of space and high visability plus I could actually make buses wait and let me into the right lane.

Minuses well basically the interior is gross and well behind modern european standards. The 2.8 turbo diesel is noisy and crude and mated to a four speed gearbox is a match made in hell. I managed 27mpg at a cruise control set 70mph which was as good as it got.

Basically for £31K don't buy this buy a 10 year old coach and enjoy more space (just) and better performance.

• 2 months later...
we had one on holiday in the states,3.6l v6 don't know what it did to the gallon but it rolled like a boat on high seas:thumbup:

Think it was a 3.3 V6 IIRC but the top speed was a mighty 103mph (on the clock)!!! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We had one of these when we were in Vegas last summer. Some stupid American woman drove into the side of it as I was about to go on the 'freeway'.

Plus points, she bounced off the side quite comfortably. The engine made a nice noise.

Minus points, ugly 'car', usual soft as ****e american suspension, I would say the fuel economy but as its cheap as chips over there who cares.

A decent holiday car though, four of us just jumped in and out all week, was great for shopping trips out of town. Could never live with it as a daily drive in this country though.