Maxi Dot

I did mine afterwards. You don't get all the functionality of the convenience settings (do a search!) though - or at least we haven't worked out yet how to get this enabled!

There are a couple of others that have retro fitted maxi-dot.

Probably totally right Stu as my car is fairly much poverty spec, but I'd have thought the alarm stuff would have been there (..and its a 2008 model!). Still, I'm very happy that I fitted the maxi-dot as the main thing is it looks a lot better, clearer and it works with the Bluetooth perfectly and as you said, you cn easily plug in vag-com to chaneg the other bits!!:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Just to revive this thread. I'm getting my Scout on friday.

What do I actually need to buy to retro fit maxi dot ? and what's involved in coding it to the car.

I have a full registered HEX-USB+CAN Interface Vagcom cable, which I'm comfortable using. just need the actual instructions on what need adapting etc.

You need a dashpod and to have the immobilisor coded at a dealer. With the dashpod make sure to get the 4 digit SKC although they can be generated it's easier if you have them.

If you get a used dash then these can be coded with VAG-COM but for some reason I've not been able to get a new one to work.

send a PM to VRstu, he gave me a price (pretty good one at that). But not sure whether or not to go with it yet! Well I don't actually have the car yet so not even able to make that decision!!!!!

Send a message and see what he can do. I would certainly rather drive my car to Stu than to a dealer! He seems very knowledgable and has a lot of happ clients on here too!

Stu, Thanks again for the offers, I will let you know about when and if I want to take you up on them. :thumbup: