buggy racing. (Changed to Karting in Omagh Sat 8th Dec @12pm)

octav.ed

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ED i'm im..

no way am i giving this day up.. worked too hard for the brownie points

shame about the buggy racing.. i was really looking forward to the mud bath given the weather for Saturday.

If its raining .. will they let us out on the karts ??

Cathal

karts are indoor m8... :thumbup:

i've texted people just now. if they still want to go the thats three confirmed, but we were all looking forward to the buggies really. and it means a longer drive for one, much longer! but i'll know shortly.

let us know asap m8. cheers... :thumbup:

Got a set of walkie-talkies out of LIDL on the charge as i write. Have we set a route yet:confused:.

Yea, N2 :D...The boss :rolleyes: has spoken :P

Re Lidl, they are not currently on there site so it must be an earlier edition.

Should be good crak if we all have them.

Guys just checked Route Planner,

Airport to Slane

via N2 is 36 mins 30 miles

via M1 is 56 mins 45.12 miles + Toll

Via M1 doesn't make sense to me.

I put down leaving Ashbourne at 9am, but if nobody is gonna be there I'm gonna head via Fairyhouse onto N2.

According to route planned Ashbourne to slane is 25 mins, so let arrange to leave slane at 0930.

Gaff ( I mean Boss )...

SWMBO can do Donabate to Slane in 30 mins and thats in her Touran TDI.

Shw would be in Carrickmacross in 56 mins: lol

120KMph = 20 mins( as she keeps reminding me)to the boyne bridge and 100Kmph = 10 mins to slane on a road that usually empty..

and if you have ever been on the road .. so tempting

right. £40 which includes karting .. grand prix also.... this is now 12 00 o'clock start

formula 1 challenge. 4 seat 1.

Racing Car Simulator The Only 8 seater Driving Car Simulator from Racing Challenge

so thats 2 events for the price of 1... :thumbup:

add for satnav is 3 edergole ave omagh bt78 1qp

Gaff ( I mean Boss )...

SWMBO can do Donabate to Slane in 30 mins and thats in her Touran TDI.

Shw would be in Carrickmacross in 56 mins: lol

120KMph = 20 mins( as she keeps reminding me)to the boyne bridge and 100Kmph = 10 mins to slane on a road that usually empty..

and if you have ever been on the road .. so tempting

With the above Routeplanner values I was comparing like with like, I'm sure some time could be also shaved off the N2 times :D

@ Ed - should we all meet at the track or somewhere close by ?

What about the Safeways Supermarket referred to in the directions?

Locations / Directions

Follow the A32 from Omagh to Dromore. Pass Safeways Supermarket on the right . Ballynahatty signed from the next left turn(signed for Lough Muck)

Lets say for about 11am (thats taking in account leaving Ashbourne at 9am + 2hrs to Omagh). The track looks a bit away from Omagh so probably 20mins or so, taking road conditions into account. (I wonder will the M1 boys be able for the smaller roads :rofl::rofl:).

We'll probably be early but it'll make up for all the times we've run late :)

For anyone headind up the M1.. meet at Statoil on old rd ( come off M1 at Donabate) for a sausy roll at 830 ish..

An alternative could be to have your sausy roll at Slane meeting point ;)...just a thought......maybe we could stretch to a breakfast roll :D

There is an excellent map of the area here, Map of Ballynahatty Fast Track Karting Club - powered by Multimap

Zoom out and it'll make more sense.

As of now the plan is to,

-leave Slane at 0930

-ALL (NI and ROI folks :)) Meet up the Omagh side of the Ballygawley Roundabout at say 11am, subject to confirmation from Octav.ed tomorrow when he has a look at parking :thumbup:

-When we leave here we need to contact Karting Guy (Octav.ed can give him a shout)

-Then head up the A5 (Road to Omagh)

-About 9 miles from Ballygawley roundabout theres a Left turn for B46 Road to Seskinore (Fintona will probably also be marked on it.)

-When we turn left the Karting guy is gonna meet us and bring us the rest of the way (follow Pink Line on attachment).

From the map its appro. 2 miles from that meeting point to Seskinore then another 5-6 miles to the track from there.

The attached map also gives an idea of the plan.

18026.attach

An alternative could be to have your sausy roll at Slane meeting point ;)...just a thought......maybe we could stretch to a breakfast roll :D

We could have that as well......Besides we're going to be ages waiting for ya :P

There is an excellent map of the area here, Map of Ballynahatty Fast Track Karting Club - powered by Multimap

Zoom out and it'll make more sense.

As of now the plan is to,

-leave Slane at 0930

-ALL (NI and ROI folks :)) Meet up the Omagh side of the Ballygawley Roundabout at say 11am, subject to confirmation from Octav.ed tomorrow when he has a look at parking :thumbup:

-When we leave here we need to contact Karting Guy (Octav.ed can give him a shout)

-Then head up the A5 (Road to Omagh)

-About 9 miles from Ballygawley roundabout theres a Left turn for B46 Road to Seskinore (Fintona will probably also be marked on it.)

-When we turn left the Karting guy is gonna meet us and bring us the rest of the way (follow Pink Line on attachment).

From the map its appro. 2 miles from that meeting point to Seskinore then another 5-6 miles to the track from there.

The attached map also gives an idea of the plan.

on the other side of the omagh/ballygawley rndbt, theres a lay-by which will hold about 15 cars max. its not what i'd call the optimum meeting point, but equally there's nowhere else close by.

and although i'd like to confirm people, i can't really (sorry octav)... we have me, a definite, one probable (David Radford) and one possible who will let me know at 8am tomorrow!

apologies :s