Another boost gauge question

This ones probably been asked lots of times before but I'm struggling to find the info. I'm installing a boost, volt and oil temp gauge in my octy and need to know a few things -

1. What is this best way of getting wires and boost gauge tubing from the cabin to the engine bay?

2. I have found a switched ignition live under the steering wheel kick panel but is there a good earth point under there?

3. On all 3 gauges there is an orange wire which connects to headlight circuit I think, but what is the purpose of this, and where can I connect this?

The gauges are all autogauge ones if this helps, thanks in advance Scott.

I dont mean to sound stupid but can someone post a picture of the T-piece fitted to the vacuum pipe on the engine cos when I look at the other pics it appears to be connected to something on the fuel rail and I dont want to cut the wrong pipe!!

Thanks Scott

no mate thats the right place and to use Robs stuff again just to make sure

http://www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk/V2Images/ModsMisc/Gauge%20Fitting/Boost%20Gauge%20Location.JPG

Cheers mate I will have to take a picture and post it later tonight cos the pipe on mine is a braided one like a fuel hose and on every other piccie it,s a rubber one .

maybe just a bit nervous about cutting into the pipe but just want to make sure .

• 3 months later...