Battery keeps dying, 1.9TDi 2005estate

FINAL POST....

sold up the octy and got a Avensis, not as nice a drive, horrible steering wheel, but at least it starts...

and as the warranty was up....it had to go

Butchers bill... (on a 1.9tdi 05 estate elegance 28k)

3 wheel bearings, 3 batterys, (dying fault never fixed), airbag warning system, new radios, clove box switch, 3 different trims fell off, leaky windscreen, and £4000 loss in 18months.

Skoda best car? i think not.

• 2 weeks later...

oh, not just me then!

mine is waiting on a 3rd wheel bearing too....

and like you, i have the problem with it dying if left about a week....never resolved....dealer claims that this is normal, and all the skodas do it, so dont leave it a the airport!.....hmmm, itchy chin .......

i had a problem with the seatbelt adjuster on passenger side, trim fell inside it causing it to lock on lowest setting...

mine has been in the garage in 2 years more than all my previous cars put toghter....but i also hate the avensis, so may have to get a mondeo.....or a C5, or laguna....

• 1 year later...

hi.... i might have a solution for this one....

i have an octy II mpi 2006 in which i installed a pioneer stereo.... after that it kept dying on me after 3-4 months of new battery every morning. So i bought a new battery, bigger one and it lasted for 6 months until dying started.. Same problems with the dealers, no help at all.

One day i took the stereo out... disconnected it completley and my car was alive the next day, and the day after that, I'm going to try buying a CAN-BUS adaptor even though it is rather expencive, i've heard that it might help... I'm not giving up on my octy :D

• 4 months later...
Had the same problem on my 4x4 - problem was the cooling fan ecu control unit, it was activating the fans during the night and running them till the battery died. Dealer wasn't able to find fault at 1st until I caught the car doing it 2 days later.

My Fabia II has started doing this. Caught it with the fan on 5 hours ater it had last been out, two days after I had a completely flat battery. Dealer can't replicate it and told me off for removing the fuse to stop the fan! Apparently I now have to tell Skoda Assistance not to try starting it but to recover it untouched to the dealers so they can look for a fault code.