Favorit Judder

daz51

Ok guys,

i have done a thread like this before but thought it was worth another try.

Now i dont want any suggestions ( though thank you anyway ) but if any of you have any experience of this it would be helpful

picture ther scene .......................

your in your Favorit with your Ecu approaching a bend in 5th gear. Now with this bend you know you should be in 4th but you leave it in 5th anyway.

When you exit the bend the engine has to do a bit more work then normal and as you put your foot on the accelerator the car JUDDERS !!!! only for a second or so or one or two judders.

any one else got this ????

Free flowing 2'' stainless decat exhaust and alot of thrashing on a very long straight stretch of erm, air strip. - Cant say if it was exactly 110, but the speedo needle was off the clock and I was pulling away from my friend who was behind me sitting at 90 in a 206 HDi90.

...Im having a stainless 4-1 manifold made up soon so should make things breathe even better, well, low down torque will suffer but she will open up nicely I expect after 4000 revs.

At a cost of £250 though, its going to have to wait until early december.

Im not happy with the current state of the car which is why I havent posted any pics, will do soon though.

What model Fav have you got Daz?

Out of interest does it happen on both left and right bends? Is it really noticeable lugging with a very noticeable effort being made from the engine with some noise, or is it kind of a very very slight non-problematic, but just about noticeable judder once or twice? If the latter I think I know what you mean.

I noticed when I did my plugs, leads, cap and arm, I got a lot less engine braking when pulling my foot off the accelerator. The difference was very noticeable. Although I guess whatever factors caused the engine to hold back in my case aren't what's causing your judders.

i had that some time ago and it was resolved when i replaced the rubber block between the throttle body and the inlet manifold.

I would have a listen for air leaks!

...Im having a stainless 4-1 manifold made up soon so should make things breathe even better, well, low down torque will suffer but she will open up nicely I expect after 4000 revs.

At a cost of £250 though, its going to have to wait until early december.

Im not happy with the current state of the car which is why I havent posted any pics, will do soon though.

What model Fav have you got Daz?

its a L reg Lxi with one of them stupid compiters in. I would have prefered a carbrettor but i could not pass up the chance of a 10,300 miles on the clock favorit