Service Interval?

Hi...

Am new to the site, and also a new(ish) Fabia owner (1.4TDi 2) however have a service interval question...! When I bought the car I was told it was a 10,000 mile or yearly service. However the service warning display has been coming on for a while and now indicates that having done 8000 miles the service is due in 1300...which I make 9300 and not 10,000.

Anyone know which to believe? 700 miles is a bit of a difference!

Reece 1 - It's Friday so being a bit thick - does that mean the service interval I've been told should be 10,000km or 10,000 miles?

Lummox - the warning first appeared with 6900 miles covered, will there be another warning at 9300 miles?

Shame I can't stick to days as it thinks there are another 260 to go!

If you check the PR numbers on the printed sticker on the inside of your "service book" cover, you will find out if your car was made to do flexible serice intervals.. QG1 is flexible intervals, and QG0 or QG2 are once every year or every 15000km's. I can't imagine a new fabia made for the western part of the world is made without being prepared for flexible intervals..

• 3 weeks later...