Fabia - Photographic Guide to installing unofficial rear sensors

jonboyuk

As ever I'm still carrying out further convenience modifications to my car. The Skoda rear sensors retail at around £135 + fitting. The ones I have retail at £23 from Rlick.co.uk

So I've installed them and written a guide. Hope some of you benefit from it!

Regards

Jon

RETROFIT GUIDE FOR RCLICK PARKING SENSORS TO SKODA FABIA.pdf

Nice write up there mate, you will be saving lots of money for fellow Skoda owner's looking for this thing, big thumbs up for you!!!

I would love to do the same thing but have a Vrs Fabia and would hate to make a mess of the colour coded rear bumper.

Yea I understand. VRStu has made a guide for sensors to the VRS however it's the official Skoda kit.

That said, the sensors I bought can be painted/sprayed to any colour you wish! Just some food for thought!

Jon

No worries guys.

Lummox, I ended up hiding mine too as I don't really like the look of it either.

Next week I am doing an AutoLight system. (ie turns on lights when it becomes dark). Again I will document the install.

Thanks Jon for your post. I've fitted rear sensors (£35 from a local car accessory shop) to our Fabia as well, but on mine I found no need to take off the rear bumper as I could access the inside of the bumper from beneath the car. I just drilled the holes with the bumper in place (after checking there was nothing behind, of course!). I mounted the control box just in front of (and on top of) a rear speaker, held on with cable ties. This way it's fairly unobtrusive, but also fairly noisy!

Regards,

Garth

Ah good one Garth, I was just a bit nervous about what was behind, so due to my lack of balls, I took the whole thing off and did it as per the post! Worth bearing in mind though if anyone wants to do it without the pain and hassle!!!

• 2 years later...