Keeping her smelling new

wac

You've got to try this...

Poorboys Trim Restorer - Poorboys Car Care and Detailing Products

And yes you can use it on interior trim, even though it is in the engine cleaning section...

and am sure it is available from other good retailers too, just that i have used Polishedd Bliss a lot and they are a quality outfit, supplying items when promised....

Oh and the best thing is it smells of coconut mmmmm :) Reminds me of the girlfriends favourite drink.. Malibu

No matter what i use in the car to clean etc it just goes back smelling the same... but its a nice smell of old leather.... yum!

From the wikipedia link:

"A Daily Telegraph article[4] on the study described the enjoyment of new car smell as "akin to glue-sniffing"."

I imagine Loz will be getting a new car again soon then???? tehehe

• 3 weeks later...

I find cleaning all the interior vinyl with Autoglym Leather cleaner and sealing it with Autoglym Leather Cream is great. You'll find your car has a sort of rich leather smell which lasts and lasts and the plus side is you don't introduce silicon which on steering wheel is a PITA.

Try the one from aldi supermarkets £1.25p.vannilla is best comes with 4 refills each lasting aroung 3-4 weeks.It all depends on your sense of smell of course.Aldi only had 2 choices anti tobacco which was not bad but not as good as the vanilla.An overripe cheese wrapped in a sweaty sock is an alternative but of course not to everyones liking.

Yup! I autoglym leather clean/cream my seats etc and its pretty nice smelling... doesn't last too long doesn't the smell and it soon reverts back to old leather smell rather than new leather... i think... maybe i just get used to the smell!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Used to remove the air vents and clean them in Radox bubble bath in my previous cars :rofl: Smelt nice but only for about 5 minutes!

I tend to use the red "Spice" magic tree these days. It smells quite pleasantly of Imperial Leather soap.

Will be trying some of that CG stuff soon though, I see Baker uses it in all his details :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

The leather car freshner from Glipton is nice. I've used CG Cherry and it's good. Lasts about 2 weeks. Sprayed it on the carpets and down the vents. Yankee candle is also getting good reviews. A Magic Tree will last about 4 weeks, Ambi Pur lasts longer.