Renault face McLaren spy charge

VRStu

This came up a few months ago when Mclaren were to be probed. It was said that Renault used possible data from another team when Fernado Alonso won his two championships.

Now, with Alonso being at the centre of the Ferrari/Mclaren scandal, why is there a common link to all this?

"The information included "the layout and critical dimensions of the McLaren F1 car", an FIA statement said."

Yeah, 'cos each team's car looks completely different, doesn't it?! :rofl: I really can't be bothered with F1... :thumbdwn:

"The information included "the layout and critical dimensions of the McLaren F1 car", an FIA statement said."

Yeah, 'cos each team's car looks completely different, doesn't it?! :rofl: I really can't be bothered with F1... :thumbdwn:

I have always loved F1 since I can remember, but its getting pathetic. With some teams having their input in other teams anyway ie engines, its beginning to make me question certaing aspects of F1 such as how expensive can favours cost?

Cynical? Yep.

:popcorn:

I assume they will get a similar fine and all the constructors points docked then if found "guilty"

I don't think Renault won a race last year so I don't suppose that'll affect them very much :rofl:

At the end of the day it's nothing new and happens everywhere - in other places it's known as industrial espionage.

agreed, there has always been spying in formula 1 , its part of the sport... I believe its just because ferrari were loosing, that they made a big fuss of things....

anyone remember a few years ago, when williams were winning, someone broke into the factory and took pictures of all their cars ecet ect.... its just normal, they should all just shut up and race....

:popcorn:

I assume they will get a similar fine and all the constructors points docked then if found "guilty"

Like f... will they. They dont have a british, black rookie driving for them showing up Ferrari do they?

This came up a few months ago when Mclaren were to be probed. It was said that Renault used possible data from another team when Fernado Alonso won his two championships.

Now, with Alonso being at the centre of the Ferrari/Mclaren scandal, why is there a common link to all this?

Indeed.

agreed, there has always been spying in formula 1 , its part of the sport... I believe its just because ferrari were loosing, that they made a big fuss of things....

anyone remember a few years ago, when williams were winning, someone broke into the factory and took pictures of all their cars ecet ect.... its just normal, they should all just shut up and race....

Todt is and always has been a sore looser. He forgets all the times Max (AKA the FIA) and bernie have let them off when they've done wrong. :finger:

Talking of Williams, Sir Frank keeps a low profile these days. Mucho respect for him and Dennis - the only remaining team owners to survive.

But their both British! Quick, call the FIA in to investigate! :rofl: