Columbus Sat Nav

Anybody know if its possible to hook up an amplifier or a pioneer TS-WX50A ?

The pioneer is a spare tire subwoofer with build in amp.

Cant find any info about that anywhere.

Yes I think there is an Aux output on the Quadlock Connector.

Thank you :)

I couldnt find any specifications online just the german manual.

And i still have to wait 2,5 months before my Octavia will be delivered so i cant check it myself.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Just wondering if anyone has got the new Columbus sat nav that skoda are offering, its got 30gb hard drive dvd player and its touch screen, is it any good and is it worth getting. (on a new vrs)

cheers

Is this the same version which has been fitted to the Octy vRS since luanch? or is this an updated version?

I'm just in process of buying an 07 Octy vRS estate which has the factory fit sat nav in. Its not an option I would specify If I was buying new, but a bonus to get it in a used car.

Does it have post code searches?

What are the maps like and ease of use compared to a Tom Tom

Does this unit have blue tooth connectivity for my phone, or will I still need to install my Nokia car kit?

Is this the same version which has been fitted to the Octy vRS since luanch? or is this an updated version?

I'm just in process of buying an 07 Octy vRS estate which has the factory fit sat nav in. Its not an option I would specify If I was buying new, but a bonus to get it in a used car.

Does it have post code searches?

What are the maps like and ease of use compared to a Tom Tom

Does this unit have blue tooth connectivity for my phone, or will I still need to install my Nokia car kit?

You may have to be careful, because Skoda have used a couple of Sat Nav's since the launch of the Octy. If you are getting the MFD3 (otherwise known as a VW RNS510, or by its catalogue name, "Columbus"), then to answer your questions.... If its a MFD2 or an earlier version then the below won't apply!

The latest version of the maps (v3) allows 5 digit postcode searches. Annoying to begin with but you soon get used to it.

The maps are on a par with the Tom Tom's available in 2007 and the MFD3 includes Traffic Information. It won't be giving you 3D buildings but there are different options on the view and magnification.

If you get the true Skoda bluetooth, then it fully integrates with the MFD3. Unfortunately, Skoda UK didnt supply the Skoda bluetooth (nobody really knows why!) in 2007, so this will be a retrofit. Not a 5 minute job but there are installation guides online (see vrsSTU's octavia-vrs.com site).

Hope that helps!

I almost bought an MDF2 for my vRS, however I think it was the fact that the navigation CD has to remain in the device while you're using the navigation (due to lack of any internal memory) that made me save my pennies and go the MFD3 route.

MFD2 is better than nothing but I feel MFD2 to MFD3 is Night to Day (also £250 - £700 :) )

I have an MFD2(which I believe was called Nexus by Skoda) that I have only recently installed (thanks again for the installation guide Stu! :thumbup:). For the money I paid for it it's bang on, it doesn't have full post code search though or a touch screen, you'll find you spend plenty of time twiddling knobs to select things! The mapping is 2D but I've never found this any hinderance. It has some nice features such as navigation instructions through and position info displayed on the MaxiDot. As previously mentioned you will need to keep the nav CD in the slot if you want to navigate. Adds a nice touch to the dash (although I'd LOVE a Columbus).

MFD2 is god but a little out of date these days.

Make sure the map CD is in it.

I have a Euro map set of CD's for the MFD2 including UK & Ire that Stu refers to kicking about doing nothing (2006/7 iirc) gimme the postage and they foc to the first one that PM's me :)

The MFD3 (and the MFD2 as well) have one very big item missing (the reason I don't have a Columbus in the car) and that's speedcam warning.

Can't do without so no Columbus for me.

The MFD3 (and the MFD2 as well) have one very big item missing (the reason I don't have a Columbus in the car) and that's speedcam warning.

Can't do without so no Columbus for me.

You're not talking to the right people or reading the right forums then ;)