Congrats to John Mulholland on Finishing Rally Ireland

GAFF

Big shout out to John Mulholland driving the Fabia vRS Diesel and finishing Rally Ireland in 60th place. from watching the event on TV it’s obviously been a tough event and a big achievement to get to the finish…well done.

I had my BIG :D Skoda banners ready to hit the stages but unfortunately couldn't make it to wave you on :o

rally.jpg

gaff how much difference is there between that and standard? i see it has 200 bhp though!:)

k:)

Not too sure, I seen the 200Bhp alright, I heard it went to UK for a lot of tweaking work.

A Big Thankyou to all my fans, it was great the support we received from all the spectators in Rally Ireland.

I have never competed in as hard a Rally in 25 years.

The conditions were atrocious and tyre choices near impossible to call, one minute abrasive tar, the next loose gravel into absolute gutters and then shiny tar to top it off.

Little "S1 ODA" held off the challenges of Fin McCaul in the diesel BMW 120D to win with a 6 second margin over the 4 days and take away the Innaugral Diesel Cup in Rally Ireland 2007.

Once again many thanks for your continued support.

John:rofl:

NB: The Rally Car is on permanent display now in our showroom at Randalstown as it came off the last stage in Mullaghmore "dirt and all" - you are all most welcome to call in and have a seat and photo if you wish.:thumbup:

[ held off the challenges of Fin McCaul in the diesel BMW 120D to win with a 6 second margin over the 4 days and take away the Innaugral Diesel Cup in Rally Ireland 2007.[/b]

Did McCaul get some sort of penalty?, just wondering as the Rally : WRC Live with Rally-Live.com showed him to take it by 1'46"1.

John,

How do ya fancy showing your rally skills at this day out? :D

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/irish-skoda-meets/buggy-racing-n-i-sat-08-dec-13-00-a/90636/

@Octav.ed - is the showroom on the way to the Buggy track by any chance.

yea we could take a wee detour.. ;)

but use would need to come up at least 1/2 -1hr earlyer.. :D

will do a recce an get timings closer to the day.... :thumbup:

Sounds good, thats if its okay with John. I'll email him as I'm not too sure how often he checks the site.

Did McCaul get some sort of penalty?, just wondering as the Rally : WRC Live with Rally-Live.com showed him to take it by 1'46"1.

John,

How do ya fancy showing your rally skills at this day out? :D

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/irish-skoda-meets/buggy-racing-n-i-sat-08-dec-13-00-a/90636/

@Octav.ed - is the showroom on the way to the Buggy track by any chance.

Fin received a wrong notional time for stages 7 and 8 which were cancelled on the Friday evening.These wrong times gave him a 2 minute advantage over us but if you add all the stage times over the 4 days we categorically beat him by 6 seconds.

Tom Walsh clerk of the course tried to get the F.I.A to overturn this after seeing the mistake but the only way they would consider it if we lodged an appeal and put up the financial bond.I didint see the value we know we beat him fairly and squarely.

Regards

John

N.B where is the buggy meet and I will check my diary.

Fin received a wrong notional time for stages 7 and 8 which were cancelled on the Friday evening.These wrong times gave him a 2 minute advantage over us but if you add all the stage times over the 4 days we categorically beat him by 6 seconds.

Tom Walsh clerk of the course tried to get the F.I.A to overturn this after seeing the mistake but the only way they would consider it if we lodged an appeal and put up the financial bond.I didint see the value we know we beat him fairly and squarely.

Regards

John

N.B where is the buggy meet and I will check my diary.

:thumbup: That makes sense, I was keeping an eye on yourself and the BMW over the weekend...with you both being Diesels :)

Btw I wasn't doubting you ;):thumbup:

Buggy is on sat 08 dec 13 00, from there website its 1.5 miles outside the village of Kilrea on the main coleraine road (not that I have a clue where that is :D).

Hopefully you can make it.