mk 2 bumpers on a mk 1 ????

hello i thought mk 2 bumpers for the felicia wouldnt fit on the mk 1 but as i was driving back to work this morning i looked an saw a mk 1 an what appeared to be mk 2 bumpers is this possiable an does any one have any examples of pics or any more info on this.

cheers :) from the lonely skoda owner down in the southwest

The mk2 is more of a facelift isn't it?

or were there other changes too?

The face-lift was VAG finding an identifiable grille shape for Skoda. Engine also went from SPi to MPi and the addition of the 1.6 petrol & 1.9 diesel engines which may have different engine mounts. Uprated electrics for airbags, Air-con & ABS etc.

The face-lift was VAG finding an identifiable grille shape for Skoda. Engine also went from SPi to MPi and the addition of the 1.6 petrol & 1.9 diesel engines which may have different engine mounts. Uprated electrics for airbags, Air-con & ABS etc.

The 1.6 & 1.9 VW engines were in place in the MK1. The MK2 really saw the grill come into place, and colour coded bumpers

in truth, the fav is the mk1 and the felly is the mk2. but commonly the pre and post face lifts are called mk1 an mk2.

i think the facelift was all to do with a smooth transition. put a mk2 felly next to a mk1 octty and you can tell there from the same family. were as the mk1 felly looks nothing like an octty.

i have to agree they look nothing like modern skoda's:rolleyes:

however my felly is a mk1

1996 N REG

Pre- facelift

and has got;:thumbup:

ABS

colour coded bumpers

airbag

1.6 mpi

sunroof

elekky windows

heated leather seats

so the difference is, the mk2 just has an extra grille.:rofl:

• 2 months later...

Hi

Jaymz,

are you still looking for MK2 bumpers, cos I'm gonna be doing the same, hoping to find one in silver (from the scrapper) to avoid re-spray costs. I'll keep an eye out for the same thing for you if you let me know the colour.

Beanie

I am not so sure how the mk2 would fit the mk1 - you might have a dip where the grill is in the middle. The Mk1 grill covers the middle and then goes under the headlights (one whole unit). with the Mk2 the grill is attached to the bonnet, and there are two (stupid) little plastic strips under the headlights. Also note the headlights are different to Mk1.

I have seen someone spray their mk1 bumpers the same colour as their car - which made it look really different. Quite cool though, but I think you would have to prepare the surface well otherwise the paint would peel off.

A club member reverse converted a Mk.2 Felicia with Mk.1 bonnet,headlamps and grile to make a Kit car replica but left the painted Mk.2 bumper on because it looked more rally like. The was a slight gap in the middle but nothing to write home about and you would have to look hard to notice it....so the answer to your questions is yes a later bumper will fit and early car.