Remap

john1804

• 3 weeks later...

interesting, mine is pulling great with the stock software, all the way upto ~4300rpm, whereas with the remap the power decreased greatly after only 3500rpm!

p.s. I removed the remap, too much smoke and engine/gearbox strain :-D

interesting, mine is pulling great with the stock software, all the way upto ~4300rpm, whereas with the remap the power decreased greatly after only 3500rpm!

p.s. I removed the remap, too much smoke and engine/gearbox strain :-D

It will depend on the remap. Your remap has obviously been configured (some may say badly) to peak at a certain point. Using a remap like that, you will probably destroy the clutch due to the massive spike, I assume you get early on in the power band.

It will depend on the remap. Your remap has obviously been configured (some may say badly) to peak at a certain point. Using a remap like that, you will probably destroy the clutch due to the massive spike, I assume you get early on in the power band.

I GOT an early kick, as some would joke around, "the kick goes from 2450rpm to 2570rpm", i must say that was not far from the truth.

I was using a Tuneline (Austrian company, remaps TDI's for rallies) remap, cost me 500 eur but I didn't like it much; didn't waste the money, I changed the "remap" to my uncles Octavia I TDI 90hp to 127hp, there it's pretty ok... Sicc :-)

I gues that's the thing with pre-programed remaps, they're the same for every car and engine code, no altering or anything custom made...