Cleaning Alcantara on vRS Seats

I asked the same question a while back and on Detailing World.

There really isn't anything special for Alcantara. My Father-in-law is a carpet and upholstery cleaner and he said there are no products that he know of that are specific to Alcantara.

The only thing that was mentioned was to use a dilute soapy water and sponge out any marks don't rub it.

I asked him if Scotchgard could be used to protect it but he didn't think so.

I thought scotch guard was a bad idea on things you come into direct contact with, anyway?

I used a foam cleaner from Halfords on a previous car which had alcantara on the seats. IIRC, some of them say they are safe to use....

I used to clean mine with a very weak solution of soda crystals and a brush (washing up brush from pot's and pans, but new of course)

Weak soultion was about a desert spoon in a bucket 1/3 filled with cool water, then I would dip in the brush, shake off excess water, give them a light scrub and a wipe down with a white microfibre.

All a bit anal but they came up good as new

I used to clean mine with a very weak solution of soda crystals and a brush (washing up brush from pot's and pans, but new of course)

Weak soultion was about a desert spoon in a bucket 1/3 filled with cool water, then I would dip in the brush, shake off excess water, give them a light scrub and a wipe down with a white microfibre.

All a bit anal but they came up good as new

Sounds good, ill give it a shot... :thumbup:

• 8 years later...

Autoglym interior shampoo (the non foaming one) is what I've been using and it seems effective.

maybe not related but has anyone tried dying the alcantara to a darker grey or even black? As we all know it is a RS feature but not the smartest. It may even look better with a darker color to match the roof! If you have can you post any pictures?