Chipping/Remapping? (vRS Petrol)

I was thinking about getting the octy chipped, couple of questions, Who should I go to to get this done, Does it make a noticable improvement on the 200BHP standard figure, Does it affect the Fuel consumption much?

Cheers

Pete.

Recently got mine remapped by Star Performance using the GIAC switchable setup. Totally transformed the car. My previous fastest car I've owned was a Civic Type-R(EP3 - previous shape).

It now "feels" as quick as the CTR did, but is actually faster ;-)

By that I mean it was almost as fast as a CTR when standard but power delivery was too smooth to give you that kick into the back of the seat the CTR did when going on cam (VTEC) i.e. grin factor. I could just about keep up with my mate in his EP3, maybe a car length in it up to license losing speeds.

Post remap I now affectionately call his CTR "The Slowmobile" ;-)

I also have a K&N panel filter btw. I put that in just before the remap and even that on it's own made the car more responsive, pull slightly better and sound a wee bit nicer too so would defo recommend that if nothing else, but add a remap and you'll be grinning from ear to ear.

Fuel economy seems to be same as before. It has capability to burn fuel faster if you use the full rev range/power band but I find with all the torque lower down I rarely need to go higher than 3500rpm on 'normal' driving and even then it feels bloody quick ;-)

Sorry not got a linky as got it from a local car parts shop belonging to my mates cousin, so cost price :)

He sells tonnes more K&N than Pipercross apparently and has never had any complaints for K&Ns but has had a few from people getting Pipercross. I know this goes against popular theory from other threads I've read on here but there ya go...

Recently got mine remapped by Star Performance using the GIAC switchable setup. Totally transformed the car. My previous fastest car I've owned was a Civic Type-R(EP3 - previous shape).

It now "feels" as quick as the CTR did, but is actually faster ;-)

By that I mean it was almost as fast as a CTR when standard but power delivery was too smooth to give you that kick into the back of the seat the CTR did when going on cam (VTEC) i.e. grin factor. I could just about keep up with my mate in his EP3, maybe a car length in it up to license losing speeds.

Post remap I now affectionately call his CTR "The Slowmobile" ;-)

I also have a K&N panel filter btw. I put that in just before the remap and even that on it's own made the car more responsive, pull slightly better and sound a wee bit nicer too so would defo recommend that if nothing else, but add a remap and you'll be grinning from ear to ear.

Fuel economy seems to be same as before. It has capability to burn fuel faster if you use the full rev range/power band but I find with all the torque lower down I rarely need to go higher than 3500rpm on 'normal' driving and even then it feels bloody quick ;-)

Can't wait till snoopie reads this :rolleyes:

Can't wait to start tinkering with my soon to be owned VRS either (once the warrenty's expired of course)

I've owned a MkI Octy vRS and TWO MkII vRS's all of which have been mapped by REVO. The difference on the MkI was good but on the MkII it's astonishing, mid range pull is quite remarkable :), you'll wonder why you had'nt done it before as it transforms a good car into a much better one imho.

Oh, and follow the advice given earlier of changing the panel filter to either a K&N (model 33-2888) or if you are feeling particularly extravagant then the Carbonio intake is worth a look at but it aint cheap at nearly two hundred quid and there has been a lot of discussion as to whether it's worth the money.

Oh, and follow the advice given earlier of changing the panel filter to either a K&N (model 33-2888) or if you are feeling particularly extravagant then the Carbonio intake is worth a look at but it aint cheap at nearly two hundred quid and there has been a lot of discussion as to whether it's worth the money.

What difference do the Carbonio's make on their own ???

Was thinking of getting a pannel filter (but if the above mentioned give decent gains then may reconsider) on there as soon as, and leave it 12 months before going down the Revo route.

Also what's the score with the Forge DV's? Any gains to had by them without a remap?

I don't rate the Carbonio for gains over and above a normal panel filter it's just expensive decoration.

I don't think you'll see anything from the Forge DV, it's not designed to give gains simply to replace the OEM DV which struggles to handle the increased pressure of the remapped software.

Best gains for an intake is EVOMS IMHO.

As Stu has said the, Carbonio wont add a great deal more over and above a decent panel filter, maybe a couple of horsepower, but what I liked about it when I had one was the pleasurable tone from the engine into the cabin and the superb smooth power delivery (although that will have something to do with the imptoved filter). I only suggested it as an option as I did like it when I had one but for out and out power gains then you cant beat the EVOM intake although you will suffer from the dreaded fuel cut.

If it were my money I would definately save for the remap but in the meantime I'd put the K&N on my xmas list :P

If it were my money I would definately save for the remap but in the meantime I'd put the K&N on my xmas list :P

Oh it is, along with a boot liner and dog guard (now those 2 combined should give me at least 5bhp more)

Do you happen to have or have access to VAG-COM?

Fraid not :(

Although I am assured the GIAC sets flash to 0 each time you switch :)

Also really impressed with how quickly it switches between maps, you could change while car is moving if you really wanted to...

Although I am assured the GIAC sets flash to 0 each time you switch :)

Would be nice to know as I've asked several people already about similar devices who don't seem to want to answer - Mind you they sell it. :P