Tinting Rear Light Clusters

greg2302

Noticed this on a Corsa yesterday, a pretty tasteful Corsa at that, all black, very smart. (I don't usually like Corsas, don't panic). Thought it might look good on the Octy - anyone tried these tinting solutions / sprays, are they any good ?

Have to be honest, every car I have ever seen that has tinted/spray rear lens I have cursed as the light emitted is distinctly cut down. Not so good when the sun is out and your struggling to see normal lights anyway.

I tinted the lights on my saxo, which was black. it looked really nice. i used a can of the tail light spray u can get in halfords, etc. just put it on slowly, one layer at a time, and stop before it gets too dark, and u shouldnt have a problem with light loss. also its worth giving it a polish with t-cut to make them nice and shiney. :thumbup:

In a similar vein, if anybody wants to change the side turn signal repeaters on their Fabia/Octavia/Superb for the darkened ones sported by the vRS/Vrs, the part details are:

1K0 949 127 - turn signal, darkened -

I tinted the lights on my saxo, which was black. it looked really nice. i used a can of the tail light spray u can get in halfords, etc. just put it on slowly, one layer at a time, and stop before it gets too dark, and u shouldnt have a problem with light loss. also its worth giving it a polish with t-cut to make them nice and shiney. :thumbup:

Sound advice there - did the rear clusters on our Scooby and there was no noticeable reduction in light and all the lights shone the same colour as before. Looked very good, but have held off doing it on my black Fabia as I think the standard clusters look pretty smart as they are :D

Chris