LCR splitter on

jasc1988

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splitter was £20 and so many pence from seat but since as i had no change Seat gave it to me for £20

I fitted it with 15-20 self tapping screws, i used some super duper flat headed galvanised ones.

theres a guide for this mod!

I jacked the car up and sat it on axle stands to do this job, (£15 from halfords)

All you need is a hacksaw (trim splitter and cut off 2 prong things)

i used a 5mm drill bit to drill the splitter for fixing holes and a 3mm drill bit to drill through bumper. then simple jsut screw away.

Easy peasy job to do

hmm great minds think alike!! your car sounds awesome, wouldnt mind a strut brace.

You do need a Helix clutch and fly though, those things bite like fook

Ye waiting for the clutch to start slipping, then i will start saving lol:)

did you have to cut v's in the corners as in the guide?

I tried lining mine up today, doing it on my own is going to be a bugger.

No i didnt cut v's, i did it by myself! wasnt too hard just a bit frustrating, i trimmed down the 2 centre pieces as stated in the guide but i didnt see the need to cut it, it fitted rather well.

I just marked the centre of the bumper and splitter and then lined them up!

would be a lot easier with a hand though

BTW, is the front VRs badge a new Octavia one? Also, is it easy to remove the old one and fit? Thanks in advance :)

Yes that is the new octavia badge. Its easy peasy to swap over, just prise off with a screwdriver then stick the new octavia mounting plate to the grille with some strong PVC glue, i just used superglue then you stick the new badge to the new mounting bracket, comes in a set . Its a big improvement :thumbup:

Many thanks for the badge info - can you get these ordered from a dealer ? I presume you can :)

yes they will have them. They shouldnt be too dear! i got them thrown in when i got my 312's and octy 17's. You can also get the rear badge from the octy2 which is also a vast improvement

Photo-0002-1.jpg