Hi Folks. First let me wish you all a Happy New Year!

Next - a small problem. I've a year 2000 Felicia 1.9D which has developed an intermittant central locking problem. All the doors lock with a turn of the key, except for the driver's side rear passenger door. It did this a few weeks ago and then seemed to cure itself. Now it has started again. It's not exactly a show stopper, more a slight pain in the neck.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'd prob recommend having the locks lubricated.

My CL sticks if someone locks/unlocks a door as it kicks the mechanism out of synch but it cures itself after locking and unlocking the car a few times with all the doors shut.

Is it remote central locking you have?

hahahahahahaa brilliant give it a good lube:rofl:

I've got remote central locking on my felly,

and one door dosent work on it, so i do that one manually.

Also if you try to move the lock when the motor is running it gets stuck and you have to force it down or on a front door use a key. and then it wont work on the central locking untill you lock it a few times.

when the drivers door does it or it packs up completely, I unlock it and unarm the alarm, then lock all the doors manually then from the inside lock the drivers door, get out the passenger side lock that with the key.

Rearm the alarm and central locking system, press the fob again and it all works,

press it once more and its arms!:thumbup:

A hint for anyone who removes the door cards and finds a motor itself isn't working, Maplins apparently have them for £8 each, or even a full central locking kit for about £22, tempted to try fit one to my car when I get time.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another problem with our fabia . Trip back to dealers n0.10 in 14 months , Ar left in Manchester carparks twice today and cam back to find it unlocked with front windows down .Feel very lucky that nothing was stolen . This is the last straw for us now . We have only done 10K miles in it in 16 months and it's been a problem from the start . Much as I love the drive the aggro and unreliabilty is too much . I am totally dependant on car as I am dis abled . The dealers'response has beeen @ well it's still under warranty and it 's won a lot of awards '

Me - this caerr must have been off the line on a FRiday and it's crap!@

Off to fight the battle with them again tomorrow.

Cheers Siobhan

That sounds bad.

espec since you have a disability.

But I find it puzzling how the front windows can open and the doors unlock themselves? Is it a keyless entry system? or just standard remote locking?

Are your local dealers friendly? If not I'd email customer services. I emailed them regarding some new vehicle queries and they have been prompt with their replies.

Parkside Skoda are a friendly bunch even though they arent an "official" Skoda outlet (they arent listed as my local dealer on Skodas site)

Plus I'm not sure on more "modern" Skodas since I drive a 10 year old Felicia and its not had any fault on it since it overheated last year.

The Fabia thread may prove more useful.

I have read a few stories on these forums of people finding their windows down and their cars full of rain/snow. Problem was they had the fob in their back pocket. Holding the button brings the windows down, so the simplest explanation would be something is wrong with the fob or you are accidentally holding the button. After that it's a case of looking at the car side of things.

If they moan about awards, ask to see their customer service awards :rofl:

Whatever happens hope you get the problem sorted, with least possible hassle!

• 2 weeks later...