Elsecar Mega Meet 2008

MACVWNUT

Elsecar Mega Meet 23rd March 2008

Kick Start the Show season with a visit to the legendary Elsecar Mega Meet!

Location: Elsecar Heritage Centre, Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

(Sign posted off junction 36 of the M1 motorway and Junc. 37 of the A1).

Post Code - S74 8HJ

Time: 7am - 5pm

Large indoor/outdoor event on hard standing with Bar/Food, DJ, VW Traders, FREE Raffle, Free Parking and overall a great day for the family.

Large multi class Show and Shine covering all VW and VAG related vehicles with runners up in all classes - no need to pre-book just register your car on the day!

Best of Show and Peoples Choice.

Admission: £5

OAP's and under 16's FREE

Calling all Golfs, Polos, Beetles, Corrados, Boras, Passats etc, Seats, Skoda, Audi to come along for a great day.

Come along and visit one of the UK's longest running VAG Shows!

See website for more details- Elsecar Mega Meet

Or call Simon on 07941132681 :)

• 3 weeks later...

NEED A HOTEL?

ELSECAR HERITAGE CENTRE HAVE CURRENTLY GOT A DISCOUNT OFFER WITH 'ARDSLEY HOUSE HOTEL' S71 5EH Tel: 01226 309955 hotels Barnsley in South Yorkshire hotel accommodation in England UK near Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield

A room discount rate is in operation when booking your stay at Ardsley House on mentioning Elsecar Heritage Centre.

Other Hotels near the location:

Travelodge - S70 3PT Tel: 0871 9846121

Premier Inn X2 S75 3DL / S73 0UN Tel: 08701 977 228 / 08701 977 024 Quality budget hotels - cheap rates - Premier Inn

Tankersley Manor Hotel Ltd - S75 3DQ Tel: 01226 744700 Welcome to QHotels - A Prestigious Hotel Chain with Luxury 4 Star Hotels Throughout the UK - Accommodation, Weddings, Business, Dining, Leisure, Reflections Spa, Golf, Tennis, Jobs

Old Bank Hotel - S74 8EZ Tel: 01226 747960 Bed and Breakfast at Old Bank House

• 4 weeks later...

Show and Shine Classes

Best Standard MK1, MK2, MK3 and Mk4

Best Modified MK1, MK2, MK3 and Mk4

Best MK5

Best Corrado/Scirocco

Best Booted VW

Best Polo

Best New Beetle

Best Cabrio

Best Skoda

Best Seat

Best Audi

Best Aircooled

Best Working Progress

People's Choice

Best of Show

Think thats it! If you feel there is any classes missing please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

this show was prob the best show thats not got serious money behind it like edition or ud's in the uk!

u really will struggle to find something for the whole family!!!

i know my wee cousins are coming along and this show there is something for us all!!!

Thank you loafy for this comment it's much appreciated as alot of hard work, time and money goes into organising both my meets and do rely on the support of yourselves (VAG enthusiasts) to make them successful. It makes it all worth it to hear such great comments accross the forums Thank you

Thank you to everyone for all your support and are looking forward to another great year.

Update:

Only one week to go!

This year for the kids we have not only got Easter bunny hopping around with chocolate eggs but GOGO The Clown will also be there doing FREE Face painting / balloon modeling and kiddies corner as usual so don't forget the Kids. FREE Entrance for under 16's.

Club Stands

As discussed with club organisers unfortunately this year we are not pre booking Club Stands due to the layout of the venue. We will have an assigned area for club stands to park which will also allow individuals to enter their car in the show and shine if they wish. All we ask is that you arrive together so that you can be parked up as a club.

Show and Shine

To enter your car in the Show and Shine all you need to do is complete the relevant form on the day which will be given to you when you arrive and take it to the allocated place by 12 pm. Judging to start from 1pm. (Show and shine class Best Skoda)

Times

Gates will open at 7.30 am to the show cars and 9am to the public. Gates will close around 10am or when the show area is full. Raffle and Trophy presentation 3 - 3.30pm. End of the day 4pm.

Please note:

If you are parking in the show area you will have to stay parked up until the end of the show, this is the Heritage Centres policy which im sure we can all appreciate is in place for the safety of the public. I would really appreciate it if we can all abide by this as we all want many more years of 'Elsecar Mega Meet' at the Heritage Centre.

Hope this information is helpful if toy would like any further info. please contact me on: 07941132681 or email: Sign in to BT Yahoo! Online

Thank you again for all your comments and support

Hope to see you all there.

Simon :lol:

I'd recommend it,went last year and it was a great show with fantastic weather and came away with a trophy as i was the only skoda LOL

i'll be there again tomorrow but not in my skoda as its having some paintwork done,even if the weather doesn't hold off i'm sure it will be a great day with some stunning cars :D

Hi all

Just like to say a huge thank you to everyone for attending and giving your support.

Really pleased with the turn out on the day as when I woke up at 5am and saw the snow I did not expect anyone!

Hope to see you at Elsecar Heritage Centre again - 3rd August 2008 Rallye Golf Show and next years meet Easter Sunday 12th April 2009 for the 10th Anniversary of Elsecar Mega Meet.

Cheers Simon

It belongs to Simon who organised the show and posts under the username macvwnut

believe it was formerly a jabbasport demo car

Did you not go to this show Dan?

I went along for a look around with the mrs and some friends but wasn't in my car as its away having some paintwork done

Good show? Any other forum links to show pics from? What you having done now?

Good show? Any other forum links to show pics from? What you having done now?

Didn't go down until lunchtime as the snow first thing in the morning was really deep,but when we arrived we was suprised at the turnout considering the weather,some nice motors there though.

and i'm only having a bit of tidying up done on my car for now,rear quarters and wings as the paint was cracked from when the arches were rolled

there's some pics on demonvw that i've seen and i'm sure there'll be plenty on edition when its back online again:thumbup:

Didn't go down until lunchtime as the snow first thing in the morning was really deep,but when we arrived we was suprised at the turnout considering the weather,some nice motors there though.

and i'm only having a bit of tidying up done on my car for now,rear quarters and wings as the paint was cracked from when the arches were rolled

there's some pics on demonvw that i've seen and i'm sure there'll be plenty on edition when its back online again:thumbup:

Fair enough mate............waiting to see when Edition is back on line............

It belongs to Simon who organised the show and posts under the username macvwnut

believe it was formerly a jabbasport demo car

Seen it quite alot we live in the same town. Been meaning to stop and have a chat about what had been done to it. It's a nice looking car :thumbup: