Driver door not remotely locking

CL probs seem to be popular, so here's another....

Remotely locking/unlocking works on my MKI vRS on all doors and boot, excluding the drivers door. If I use the key the drivers door unlocks and locks no problem, so the mechanism is ok.

I was wondering whether the solenoid may have given up? Any help/ideas would be much appreciated....

Cheers

I had the same problem with my Mk 1 VRS. Do you have any other electrical problems? I also found that the electric wing mirror adjustment did not work properly (no matter which way I put the selection switch only the drivers mirror would adjust). I was told the problem was with the convience unit (I think it is located in the drivers door). Water can get into the contacts and cause corrosion and then the fault as described. There are numerous posts on here on the subject. I never got mine fixed since I was trading the car in for a Mk2 VRS a couple of weeks after the fault appeared ( maybe the car knew I was selling it!!!). I have read on here that some people have fixed the problem by unplugging the unit and cleaning the contacts. Otherwise it is a new convience unit which may cost a little bit of money. It is amasing how annoying it is thought to have to use the key in the lock every time you want to get in the car (and also to lock it as you leave). How did we all cope before remote central locking????

Hi,

I had a similar problem just before christmas.

Took off door panel and checked all connections which were all ok and thought it might be the switch in the door lock.

Went to dealers in end and it was the door lock which they changed, problem solved. Oh and £200 lighter.

Thanks for your reply guys, it looks as though I'll be spending moulaa one way or another.

And I've no idea how we coped without remote locking, just the other day I left the whole car unlocked, it seems to have completely thrown me :)

IIRC I had this problem on my MK1, it was if ya pressed the lock button twice (the door used to unlock itself on the 2nd press). IIRC there was a control module changed out (I may well have posted about it on here before ;)).