Help !!

Im buying a 2002 octy vrs one thing ive gotta ask went and checked out the car and noticed that the vacumn pipe that leads to the inlet m/fold was drawing in air and when the car was cold it didnt idle the best :mad: and on the test drive it twice hesitated :( would u think that this pipe maybe the prob? The dealer said he would replace the hose before I bought it but just wanted to know if ppl have come across this before?

Im looking advice if anyone knows before i shell out the money for it?:thumbup:

tbh if hes replacing it free of charge then thats all good. there is a known hesitation with the octavia. mine does it now and again and is on an 02 plate. there are numerous topics on it. make sure you get a warrantee on the car if you do buy it

yeah when i bought my '02 vRS in September that hose had gone.

idled bad aswell. causes it to run lean or rich, cant remember which!

anyway replaced hose (simple job), problem gone.

get the dealer to do an error code sweep while your there before you buy it. then you can see whats up with it. unless the cheeky bugger has cleared the errors already!!

basically most problems you will have engine-wise will be with nakkered hoses! nothing major or expensive, just a pain in the rectum!

check the cam cover breather pipe too (under the plastic engine cover). they always seem to crumble apart after a while. mine did. its a mega easy job though, 10mins max.

good luck with it mate. its an awesome car. ive done 7000miles in 3 months and its been a trooper.

so much fun to be had pushing bmw's off the motorway!!!

I presume you will get some kind of warranty?

Basically any splits in the pipe work will cause the car to run differently.The split in the pipe work will cause the car to chuck out the air which should be going into the engine so the fuel will be thrown out too, causing rough running.

As for the rough cold start running there seems to be a lot of probs with 1.8t at this time of year,some down to the secondary air pump.

first of all sorry about being impatient last nite was on edge i just seem to have bad luck when it comes to cars so want this to be rite the dealer phoned me today and said the car is fixed and ready to go so just waiting on cover note from insurer so fingers crossed either on Thursday nite or sat morn I should get it cant wait thanks for all your help guys greatly appreiciated ;):thumbup:

They are a very nice car,you will love it.

A remap makes them even better but its early days yet .

Oh a word of warning if you hang around this forum too long you will be penniless...... but your car will go like poo off a shovel;)

Well its finally happened i am the proud owner off a black magic octy vrs the pipe was changed and the thing is a flying machine its def luv at first drive lol:thumbup:

He he, told you so,told you so, told you so.

I've really gotta grow up :o

Well its finally happened i am the proud owner off a black magic octy vrs the pipe was changed and the thing is a flying machine its def luv at first drive lol:thumbup:

lol. give her the welly an keep her between the hedges m8... :thumbup: