Weird problem

Got an odd and annoying problem this afternoon. While driving along the coolant temp warning came on and kept flashing and then I noticed that my heating wasn't working and didn't for the whole of my 40min drive home!

I checked the coolant and it is filled to max so I have no idea what is wrong with it but I'm hoping to get into the garage tomorrow!

Garage think a pump too. It's done 80k miles so they are going to do my cam belt and change it as part of that. it's due a service and MOT so it's going in all day next Tuesday - gonna cost me a small fortune!

Well, seeing as the general advice being posted in here by techs is cam belt change every 4 years or 60K + waterpump, you have been very luck and I hope the car makes it to the garage okay! (I'd be wetting myself for taking that risk - ie 80K and then pump going - always remember that it is not usually the belt that breaks due to age/miles, its other failures that break the belt to fail)

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked the car up today and I am now almost £900 lighter!

urns out it was the rad that was knackered so they have replaced that, changed the cam belt and water pump and serviced it.

It needed 4 new tyres to pass the MOT and also needed some wires re-soldering!

Grand total of £855!